cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indhaa
Super User
Super User

Download the media files on your PowerApp

Any idea how to download the gif file in your PowerApps. I need to use the spinner on another app and doesn't have the file on my PC. Can't see the save as option on PowerApps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@BCBuizer 

For info, another workaround for the lack of a download option is this.

First, save the app locally as an msapp file using the File > Save As option.

An msapp file is just a ZIP file with an msapp extension. On your local machine, rename the file so that it has a ZIP extension, and uncompress the file. There, you'll find an "Assets" sub folder and all the media files will be there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

@indhaa 

Can you clarify, is this a one off task that you want to carry out to retrieve an image that you don't have (as opposed to adding a download feature for users of your app)?

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @indhaa,

Just found a workaround for the lack of a download option:

Solved: How to download media in app - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
timl
Super User
Super User

@BCBuizer 

For info, another workaround for the lack of a download option is this.

First, save the app locally as an msapp file using the File > Save As option.

An msapp file is just a ZIP file with an msapp extension. On your local machine, rename the file so that it has a ZIP extension, and uncompress the file. There, you'll find an "Assets" sub folder and all the media files will be there.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,862)