cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aneuman

Downloading and Exporting Data

Hi and thank you for any help/feedback. I am creating an app where the user inputs data in a field and scans a vin for their vehicle. That data is then supposed to all get sent to me. How do I get the data in the app to get exported and sent? Thank you again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @aneuman,

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the solution I provided could achieve your needs.

You could consider take a try to save your entered data into a Collection within your app. Then embed the Collection data within the email body as a Table format, send the email to you.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/html-email-reporting-with-tabular-data/

On your side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSelect property of the "Send Email" button to following:

ClearCollect(
CollectionData,
{
Name: NameInputBox.Text,
Date: DatePicker1.SelectedDate,
VehicleVinNumber: VehicleVinNumberBox.Text
}
);
Office365.SendEmail(
"User1@email.com", /* <-- Type your email address here */
"Email Subject Content",
"<h3>Email Notification</h3>" &
"<strong> Items: </strong>" &
"<table width='100%' border='1' cellpadding='5' style='border:1px solid black; border-collapse:collapse'>" &
"<tr style='background-color:#efefef'>
<th> Name </th> <th> Date </th> <th> VehicleVinNumber </th>
</tr>
<tr>" &
Concat(CollectionData,
"<td>" & Name & " </td>
<td>" & Date & " </td>
<td>" & VehicleVinNumber & " </td>","</tr><tr>") &
"</table>",
{IsHtml:true}
)

Note: You must create a connection to your Office 365 Outlook within your app firstly with your own account.

More details about Concat function, please check the following article:

Concat function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

You can create another app that is linked to the same datasource but has a gallery that summarizes the data being input in real time. If it is SharePoint, you can get the metadata that will tell you the author as well as the date&time of the entry. It would also be possible to get the location at the time the data was obtained.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @aneuman,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

How do you want to receive the data sent to you? Via an email?

If you want to receive the data sent to you, I think you could send an email to you along with the entered data. Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/html-email-reporting-with-tabular-data/

If you want to export the entered data from your app,  I think the Export button control could achieve your needs. On your side, you should save the entered data into a Collection firstly. Then add a Export control within your app, set the Data property to the Collection you created above.

After that, you could click the "Export"  button to save your Collection data into a ZIP file within your local file folder. The exported ZIP file contains three .json files: data.json, header.json and schema.json file. The exported data (Collection data) would be existed within the data.json file:5.JPG

6.JPG

More details about Export control within PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-export-import

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I greatly appreciate it. I need the user of the app to fill out a form and email the form to me. I am hoping to hook up my Outlook account. I need the days date, their name, their vehicle's vin number, and other data. So I want the user to open the app enter that information and then send that info to me in an email form. Thank you for any additional feedback! 

Hi @aneuman,

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the solution I provided could achieve your needs.

You could consider take a try to save your entered data into a Collection within your app. Then embed the Collection data within the email body as a Table format, send the email to you.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

On your side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnSelect property of the "Send Email" button to following:

ClearCollect(
CollectionData,
{
Name: NameInputBox.Text,
Date: DatePicker1.SelectedDate,
VehicleVinNumber: VehicleVinNumberBox.Text
}
);
Office365.SendEmail(
"User1@email.com", /* <-- Type your email address here */
"Email Subject Content",
"<h3>Email Notification</h3>" &
"<strong> Items: </strong>" &
"<table width='100%' border='1' cellpadding='5' style='border:1px solid black; border-collapse:collapse'>" &
"<tr style='background-color:#efefef'>
<th> Name </th> <th> Date </th> <th> VehicleVinNumber </th>
</tr>
<tr>" &
Concat(CollectionData,
"<td>" & Name & " </td>
<td>" & Date & " </td>
<td>" & VehicleVinNumber & " </td>","</tr><tr>") &
"</table>",
{IsHtml:true}
)

Note: You must create a connection to your Office 365 Outlook within your app firstly with your own account.

More details about Concat function, please check the following article:

Concat function

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,073)