Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AD1990
Helper II
Helper II

Downloading the information that is on a screen

Hi,

I have a screen which has a few labels arranged in a sort of a grid.

Each of these labels display a count based on some requirement.

So the screen looks like this:

[v] [v] [v] [v] [v]

[v] [x] [x] [x] [v]

[v] [x] [x] [x] [v]

[v] [x] [x] [x] [v]

[v] [x] [x] [x] [v]

[x] - Shows count(numerical value)

[v] - Shows just text of what [x] is

I want to include a button clicking on which this information is going to download in an excel sheet.

Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@AD1990 

You will not be able to do this in PowerApps directly, but you can send whatever information you want from PowerApps to a flow in PowerAutomate and then have it create an Excel file and either place it somewhere for the user or email it to them.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
AD1990
Helper II
Helper II

@RandyHayes I looked up power automate and I'll need sometime to work out how to do that.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@AD1990 

Yes, it is not a difficult thing to do, but the trick will be to send what you want to the flow and then have it create and fill the Excel and finally send it to the user via email (or place it in some folder that is accessible by the flow).

Feel free to post back as you go.  And there is also a full PowerAutomate community forum available too for help.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes  I'll work on creating the flow once I have completed my work on a few other features of the poweapp. Thank you the suggestions and replies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,562)