cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AD2000
Frequent Visitor

Drag to position Datacards no longer works!

Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm, help whats going on with drag to position feature of datacards. This was working fine a few weeks ago but no longer able to position datacards. I know it is possible to re-order columns via data form properties but that is no substitute especially when you have complex forms with multi tabs. Has the PowerApp team removed this feature? Or am I missing something? By the way, I have tried it on different tenants and with different data sources but none work. Please help!

Drag to positio.png

14 REPLIES 14

I have used the X & Y method of placing data cards and it keeps the formula and grays out the X & Y fields in the data card property tab, but it does not actually move the card.  I have tried closing out of the app and reopening it after I make the changes to see if it will update and it does not.  My datacards remain left justified on the form as if they are locked into that position regardless of what X value I give them.  I have also made sure that my data cards are not locked.  Any other suggestions?

I've tried every option mentioned in this thread without success.  I've wasted 2 hrs already trying to do a simple data card move to a different column.  Powerapps LOOKS alot better than Infopath but right now, I wish I was using Infopath instead.  Get your head out of your ### Microsoft and give us back this basic functionality.

Can't wait to see the look on my boss's face when I tell him I accomplished nothing this morning because I couldn't move an object from one column to another.

Ok, here's what works for me boys and girls (yes, this resolution is so childish).  I have a 3 column display, select the Form on the left.

Now go to the forms properties on the right and select Edit Fields.  Select the ... next to the desired field (data card) and then select Move Up or Move Down.

Yes, if my datacard is in the last row/column of the screen, I have to keep selecting/clicking  Move Up  for each move until I get into position 0,0.

What a joke

You are absolutely right, that works, and it is totally predictable. Thank you! That's sort of a hot pile of garbage for them to use index rather than absolute pixel placement with their x,y properties. It does become apparent they are indices when you check the x,y of ones that have not been modified by a builder. 

ankurvadher
Regular Visitor

Yea its true that Drag to position Datacards no longer works!

but you can move up and down data cards by selecting ...

Edit Screen

ankurvadher_0-1625636725188.png

Select Edit Fields from the EditForm Property Dialogue box

ankurvadher_1-1625636852884.png

From this menu select your desired filed and press three dots

ankurvadher_2-1625636937727.png

a small menu popups from you can move up or down your data card

ankurvadher_3-1625637008421.png

Ankur Vadher

MCITP

Microsoft Certified IT Professional.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,761)