cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhofknecht
Frequent Visitor

Drop Down Not Loading All Items

I have a drop down on my Edit Form that is using a Distinct(Table, Field) for the Items of the dropdown.  The data source is SQL and there are 90 Distinct Items for what the field linked to the drop-down.  Is there a limit to how many items show up in a drop-down and if so is there any means of changing this limit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure about a limit of the items in a drop down maybe some PA engineer can answer that but I am pretty sure it is higher than 90 items. However when you do:

Distinct(Table, Field)

It will only return distinct items from first 500 records. Could this be why you are not getting all the distinct values?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure about a limit of the items in a drop down maybe some PA engineer can answer that but I am pretty sure it is higher than 90 items. However when you do:

Distinct(Table, Field)

It will only return distinct items from first 500 records. Could this be why you are not getting all the distinct values?

View solution in original post

I think this is why it is happening then! Thank you I didn't realize this would happen when using Distinct in PowerApps.

Thami
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Is there a workaround or solution with the 500 item distinct maximum?

Thanks

MeemEQX
Regular Visitor

Hi has anyone been able to solve this issue? @Thami  @dhofknecht 

This is a delegation issue. Please see the following link for more details. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview

The article talks about a setting in PowerApps studio that allows you to change the amount of records that can be processed locally, but it will have an effect on the performance of your app. 

@RobbieGoff 

Thank you. 

What worked for me was deleting any duplicated items in my Excel Table. 

It works fine now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,670)