cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CW
Level: Powered On

Re: Drop Down Not Loading All Managed Metadata items

Seems 'Microsoft' itself is the limitation.

SURPRISE!! What else is new. Just one more dysfunctional, incomplete release of something. I don't think I've ever seen ANYTHING completed by Microsoft. Half-assedly build something to 75% then release then on to the next project.

Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
abozzo

Same problem here.

And search box without a "contains" logic is unuseful

jmichaelparty

The thing I don't understand is how the IsSearchable feature works for a ComboBox. Even though the dropdown of the ComboBox only shows the first 20 items, if you begin to search, it will populate the dropdown with the appropriate choices. 

Put simply, use a dropdown and you only pull 20 items, use the ComboBox and you can find the items in the managed metadata that are not in the first 20. 

How does the search feature of the ComboBox work and can I replicate this? It could be a work around until Microsoft fixes the larger issue. Could populate a collection from all available items in the metadata using the same functionality that the search on the ComboBox? 

jmichaelparty

What's strange is I've found if I create a default item in the SharePoint list and attribute all of the metadata tags to that item, I am able to pull them over into a local collection by using [SelectedItem].[MetaDataColumnName] 

I'm a little bit lost with the weird functionality here...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,761)