Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Drop Down Value not updating on different edit form

Hi,

I have a screen with different forms. There are buttons which control which edit form is displayed. The item shown is the same for each form and is from a sharepoint list as the data source.

I have the same drop down value field which appears on two of the edit forms. If I change the value on one form then submit the form and then switch to the other edit form showing the same record, instead of the form showing the value  for the drop down field I just selected on the other form it shows the same value that was selected on this form the last time I viewed it.

In other words the drop down value does not show the same value on the two forms.

The value in the sharepoint list data source does change when I submit the form.

I tried refresh when switching forms to view but that did not work.

Can you help please?

Thanks

Phil

Can you help

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Drop Down Value not updating on different edit form

Hi        @Hepworthnot,

First of all can you prove that the record was succesfully saved to SharePoint with the edited field?

If not, there will be issue with submittion.

Second thing is - If its saved and its not updated on the item, you would need to refresh it - as you have done. Where have you tried to refresh it? On the edit form? Or in the gallery?

I would prefer to refresh it on the gallery.

Also, do you use one edit form for both variants or only one? 

If you use one, than it can be possible that the form is not reset, that can be resolved by reset action on submittion.

Cheers

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anonymous,

thanks for helping.

Yes the submission works every time. I have checked that.

I have just tried refreshing again. I did it "from the gallery" - so when clicking the button to switch from one edit form to the other I navigated to the home screen where the gallery was, refreshed the source, navigated back to the screen with the forms. Unfortunately the problem persisted. It still showed the old value and not the one showing in the record on the SharePoint list.

"Also, do you use one edit form for both variants or only one?"

Not entirely sure I understand this question. I have two separate edit forms on the same screen. When one shows the other is hidden. The drop down field I am having problems with appears on edit both forms.

Thanks

Phil

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

The question meaning is that, technically do you use form1 and form2 or only Form0 to handle both services?

Try to add after submittion command &&Reset(form).

Otherwise - if the changes are saved and they are not visible in gallery view before selecting the item itself and refresh does not helps you, than I would try to open Support ticket.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anonymous,

thanks.

I use Form1 and Form2

I will try the refresh form again.

Phil

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hepworthnot

I was thinking, how do you have those forms hierarchised?

As you said, you have 2 forms visible depending on action is made - means that, that you have them on one section?

Can you send picture of the hierarchy? The left side panel. And also can you please send formulas of controls of:

- Saved edit from form1

- Selection of control for form2

- Source code of "item" for form2

I am wondering if the forms are not connected that way, that when you ar eopening first stage you load data also to the second one.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @Anonymous

Reset only appears to work with a control - I can't reset the form.

Syntax

Reset( Control )

• Control – Required. The control to reset.

Phil

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Hepworthnot

sorry for that, my mistake, proper syntax is ResetForm(form).

Sample.png

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I tried ResetForm - that doesn't solve the problem.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hepworthnot

I am out of ideas 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,525)