Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fpc-kdrosario
Helper I
Helper I

Drop Down list not showing default value upon Editing the Form

Good day to everyone,

I have a form that has a Drop Down field called 'Contractor'.

It has a card the has a Default value of 'admin_contractor' which is from the collection I created.

The Drop Down list has a Default value of Parent.Default, which is also 'admin_contractor' in general.

Everything looks good in the new form, you can create a record, select a Contractor then submit the form.

The created record is successfully in the collection and you can see it on the Gallery on another screen.

The gallery row of the record contains the status of the form and I also included the value of the Contractor which is also displayed on its sub label.

The Issue is, when a user clicks the record created which takes them to the screen that has an edit form for that selected record,

the Contractor field/ lookup is not showing the value for the record. The field just display a BLANK / nothing in the field where the value should be.

Any idea on why is this happening? I have other fields that is also drop down but they don't experience this issue.

I hope someone could help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fpc-kdrosario ,

Do you mean that your 'drop down' display blank value by default?

Firstly, I need to correct you. What you used should be combo box, whose combo box could be blank value. While drop down's default value will not be blank.

Secondly, could you tell me:
1)the items of this combo box?

2)the combo box's related field's data type

3)have you made any customizations on this datacard, combo box?

4)what is your data source?

Thirdly, please make sure you have chosen the right primary text for this combo box.

Usually, we set combo box like this:

1)datacard's Default:   ThisItem.fieldname            //the combo box's related fieldname

2)combo box's Items:  Choices(listname.fieldname)    //usually only the  choice type/lookup type/option set will display as combo box

3)combo box's DefaultSelectedItems: Parent.Default

4)the edit form's Item:   Galleryname.Selected

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fpc-kdrosario ,

Do you mean that your 'drop down' display blank value by default?

Firstly, I need to correct you. What you used should be combo box, whose combo box could be blank value. While drop down's default value will not be blank.

Secondly, could you tell me:
1)the items of this combo box?

2)the combo box's related field's data type

3)have you made any customizations on this datacard, combo box?

4)what is your data source?

Thirdly, please make sure you have chosen the right primary text for this combo box.

Usually, we set combo box like this:

1)datacard's Default:   ThisItem.fieldname            //the combo box's related fieldname

2)combo box's Items:  Choices(listname.fieldname)    //usually only the  choice type/lookup type/option set will display as combo box

3)combo box's DefaultSelectedItems: Parent.Default

4)the edit form's Item:   Galleryname.Selected

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,129)