cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drop Down list null

Good Morning All,

Iv been playing around with power apps for a few weeks now and have built app thats working ok, 

but there is a few issues i cant get my head around,

how can i get default data on dropdown list or before select dropdown list i want to default null for dropdownlist.

this sample i havethis sample i have

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently there is no way to configure the default property of the Dropdown with Null value.

There is an idea submitted on this already:

Drop down control has no blank option

By default, if the default property of the dropdown is not configured, it will automatically map to the first item of the Dropdown list.

You may take a look at my another reply in the this thread.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JRaasumaa
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Morning All,

Iv been playing around with power apps for a few weeks now and have built app thats working ok, 

but there is a few issues i cant get my head around,

how can i get default data on dropdown list or before select dropdown list i want to default null for dropdownlist.

this sample i havethis sample i have

Could you collect a blank into your DropDown and use that as it's default value?

I posted on this earlier and it might help in this case: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Dropdown-list-with-distinct-values-and-option-for-quot-All-quot/m-p/64819#M26662

You could create a collection for your dropdown with a  "" as the first value instead of "All" and set that to your default dropdown value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,869)