cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ychaitanya5g Helper I
Helper I

Drop Down values from another SharePoint list

Hi Team,

I updated the drop down values from external list.

i am able to see values and after submitting the Form.

The Drop values are not updating in the List.

df.PNG

Able to display the fields in Combo Box and unable to submit the data in the fields to the List.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Drop Down values from another SharePoint list

Hi @ychaitanya5g ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your app?

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it. When you specify formula within the Update property of the Data card in the Edit form, do not add the 'Selected' operator.

On your side, you should specify the following formula within the Update property of the Data card in the Edit form:

ComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn

If the Department field and Occupation field are both Choice Type fields in your List A and List B, please consider modify the formula within the Update property of the Department field data card in Edit form to following:

{
  Value: DepartmentComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn
}

modify the formula within the Update property of the Occupation field data card in Edit form to following:

{
  Value: OccupationComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn
}

Note: The DisplayColumn represents the display column value within your ComboBox. If the DisplayColumn within your ComboBoxes is "Value", you need to modify above formula as below:

{
  Value: DepartmentComboBox.Selected.Value
}
{
  Value: OccupationComboBox.Selected.Value
}

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
eka24 Community Champion
Community Champion

Please what is the name of your list. What column name do you want to insert into the form for subsequent submit to the database
NaveedMohammad
Regular Visitor

Can you change your field type to a single line of text instead of choice in your list?

If you can, refresh the datasource after changing the column type.

You can still have a dropdown in the PowerApp inside this datacard. Change the Update property of the datacard to comboboxname.Selected.Value

ychaitanya5g Helper I
Helper I

I created two Lists One is a A List and another one is B List In A List I created ID,Department,Name,,Occupation Department and Occupation are drop down Fields In B List I created Department and Occupation Cascading drop based on the Department selection Occupation value will selected in Drop down field I am able to select the data in the form, But unable submit Occupation and Department.
ychaitanya5g Helper I
Helper I

Field Types in the List is Choices, I need to change it into single text, then in quick edit I won't find 

choices correct

Highlighted
ychaitanya5g Helper I
Helper I

I changed the data field to Text field but in Edit form i am unable to get the selected items in Edit Form

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ychaitanya5g ,

Are the Department field and Occupation field are both Choice Type column in your Edit form (related to List B)?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Update property of the Department field data card in your Edit form to following:

DepartmentComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the Department ComboBox to following:

{
   DisplayColumn: ThisItem.Department.Value
}

Note: The DisplayColumn represents the display column value within your Department ComboBox

Set the Update property of the Occupation field data card in your Edit form to following:

OccupationComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property of the Occupation ComboBox to following:

{
   DisplayColumn: ThisItem.Occupation.Value
}

Note: The DisplayColumn represents the display column value within your Occupation ComboBox

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ychaitanya5g Helper I
Helper I

ThisItem.selected.DisplayColumn is showing the error in the update function.

How can I fix the error

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ychaitanya5g ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your app?

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with it. When you specify formula within the Update property of the Data card in the Edit form, do not add the 'Selected' operator.

On your side, you should specify the following formula within the Update property of the Data card in the Edit form:

ComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn

If the Department field and Occupation field are both Choice Type fields in your List A and List B, please consider modify the formula within the Update property of the Department field data card in Edit form to following:

{
  Value: DepartmentComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn
}

modify the formula within the Update property of the Occupation field data card in Edit form to following:

{
  Value: OccupationComboBox.Selected.DisplayColumn
}

Note: The DisplayColumn represents the display column value within your ComboBox. If the DisplayColumn within your ComboBoxes is "Value", you need to modify above formula as below:

{
  Value: DepartmentComboBox.Selected.Value
}
{
  Value: OccupationComboBox.Selected.Value
}

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

ychaitanya5g Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

I worked on the combo box still I didn't find any solution.

Can I use drop down input instead of Combo box 

I used drop down box, I am able to send the inputs to item,

But i am facing two issues 

one is If I lift empty value the drop down default values are reflecting in the List

If I edit the Item in the It is not fetching the current value and it is reflecting default value.

and I am unable to solve the Issue what you shared in the solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,064)