cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drop Downs on Edit Forms: Opening existing record, drop down shows first entry, not selected entry!

HELLO POWERAPPS COMMUNITY:

I HAVE AN APPLICATION WITH 3 PAGES: MAIN, DETAILS, EDIT/NEW

PROBLEM 1:

WHEN I CLICK ON AN EXISTING RECORD, IT TAKES ME TO THE DETAILS SCREEN FOR THAT RECORD. THEN WHEN I CLICK THE EDIT BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT CORNER IT TAKES ME TO THE EDIT SCREEN. MY PROBLEM IS: EACH RECORD HAS MULTIPLE DROPDOWNS, WHERE EACH DROP DOWN COMES FROM A SEPERATE TABLE FROM EXCEL SPREADSHEET. SO WHEN THE EDIT SCREEN COMES UP, IT SHOWS ENTRIES ON THE DROPDOWNS THAT ARE NOT SELECTED FOR THIS RECORD. IT JUST HAS RANDOM VALUES FROM THE DROPDOWNS SELECTED. HOW CAN I HAVE THOSE VALUES SELECTED INITIALLY WHEN THE EDIT SCREEN COMES UP.

PROBLEM 2:

SIMILAR TO 1ST QUESTION, WHEN I WANT TO ADD A NEW ENTRY, THE SAME PRE SELECTED DROP DOWNS ARE SELECTED. HOW CAN I MAKE IT WHERE WHEN A NEW RECORD IS ADDED, THE DROPDOWNS ARE PRE SELECTED/FILLED WITH THE 1ST ENTRY IN THE TABLE FROM EXCEL SPREADSHEET (WHICH IS: '-').

PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME FIX THESE ISSUES ASAP I'D REALLY APPRECIAITE IT!

THANKS

2 REPLIES 2
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

What is your current situation?

If you would like the Dropdown to show the value for the selected record, then please don't modify the Default property of the Dropdown control, leave it with the Parent.Default.

If you have modified the default control, and add the dropdown for customization, then please change the default proeprty of the Dropdown to:

Gallery.Selected.FieldValue

I am not sure I understand your second question, if you would like to creating new record with the form control, then you would need to use the SubmitForm() function, with the form mode set to New.

Or, you may use the Patch() function to make it work.

Some reference:

Understand data forms in Microsoft PowerApps

Patch function in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar problem and as it seems to be not solved I can clarify the situation for problem one.

I have and Gallery with a bottom for edit an existing line, however my form have many dropdowns and when I click for edit my Edit Form only get the information for Text Box not for the Dropdowns.

How can I setup for the existing information prepopulate the dropdown with the information existing for that line?

P.S.: I've tried to use Gallery.Selected.FildValue in Default and DefaultSelectedItems neither of them worked, it says that a Table value is expected.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,853)