Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SachinG31
Helper V
Helper V

Drop down shows only first 3 values

Hello Experts ,

I am facing one weird issue in power app , i have one dropdown where i am displaying data using distinct but that drop down shows only first 3 values , even if there are many values in DB.

Do we have some property which restrict this ??

here what i am writing on item property of dropdown. Please advise

Distinct('[dbo].[ActivityRecProj]',COMPANY)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @eka24 , Finally i am able to solve this issue , this was because of  delegation  as you mentioned in your first response. but  here the catch is , even if you use distinct in your formula ,delegation  will apply on the basis of no of record on the view or table. for example

in my Company View i had 968 record and my delegation was 500 so it was showing value only till 500 even if i am using distinct formula. after using distinct it was showing only 4 unique value at backend DB but power app delegation  doesn't consider this . Also you cannot apply delegation  value more than 2000 its between 1 to 2000 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Your code seem ok.

Do you have more than 3 different kinds of data in the Company column?

Can you show a sample

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hello @eka24 , Yes these are unique fields.  Please find the screen shot below.

1. Power App

Capture41.PNG

2.View in Database 

Capture42.PNG

That is interesting.

Is your delegation limit set above 3, just being curious (FILE...SETTINGS...ADVANCED SETTINGS?

Also place same formula on a different control such as a new dropdown.

Or Restart the APP

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

SachinG31
Helper V
Helper V

yeh @eka24  This is weird , please find the screen shot below.

my delegation settings.

Capture43.PNG

After addning new drop down still same. also tried with combobox too but same 

Capture44.PNG

tried on different browser , logout login but still same 

What happen when you remove the Distinct from the Formula. Do you get all?

Also take a screen shot of the Formula with the Distinct

------------

@eka24 It shows values repeatedly but still 3 values till Sys not the fourth one .

Capture45.PNG

Formula without Distinct 

Capture46.PNG

Hello @eka24 , Finally i am able to solve this issue , this was because of  delegation  as you mentioned in your first response. but  here the catch is , even if you use distinct in your formula ,delegation  will apply on the basis of no of record on the view or table. for example

in my Company View i had 968 record and my delegation was 500 so it was showing value only till 500 even if i am using distinct formula. after using distinct it was showing only 4 unique value at backend DB but power app delegation  doesn't consider this . Also you cannot apply delegation  value more than 2000 its between 1 to 2000 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (36,717)