Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tapesh
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Drop down value miss match

Hi All, 

I have an issue with drop-down value, where I m creating 2 dropdowns,  but are on two different screens, I want to make a functionality in such way that if a user selects the value-form dropdown1 the value which is unit name = Kare,  dropdown2 should automatically select/Show the amount i.e total balance for selected. value of dropdown1. 

Does anyone know how this can be done? 

Please see I have tried this:

If (Dropdown1.SelectedText = 'Unit Codes'.'Unit Name', 'Unit Codes'.'Total Balance', 'Unit Codes'.'Unit Name')

Also, find the attached screenshot in a word document.  

@Warren65 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24
Super User
Super User

Base on your request kindly follow this;

I assume Dropdown1 Items is set to:

TableName.'Unit Name'

1 . Insert a textbox (In my case I have named it TextInput8. You can Later Hide it) on the Screen where your Dropdown1  is located and put in this formula:

Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value

2. On your Button that Navigate to the Next Screen or Save Button, Set a variable on the OnSelect: 

Set(MyBalance,LookUp(TableName, 'Unit Name'=TextInput8.Text,'Total  Balance'))

3. On Dropdown2 which is in another screen as you said, there are two things to consider:

Items Property:

TableName.'Total Balance'

Default:

MyBalance

4. Now anytime you click on the Button, it will pick the Total balance related to the dropdown1.

All is done See Attachments

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You should use Dropdown1.Selected.Value instead of SelectedText to see what the user has selected. From there you can do a Lookup() to find the value for Dropdown2, which you would put in Dropwdown2's Default property.

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

Hi, 

i tried look-up on the drop down 2 

If(Dropdown1.Selected.'Unit Name' = "", LookUp('Unit Codes', 'Unit Codes'.'Total Balance' = TotalDrop))

again same error it does not show any value . 

Any help ?

eka24
Super User
Super User

Base on your request kindly follow this;

I assume Dropdown1 Items is set to:

TableName.'Unit Name'

1 . Insert a textbox (In my case I have named it TextInput8. You can Later Hide it) on the Screen where your Dropdown1  is located and put in this formula:

Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value

2. On your Button that Navigate to the Next Screen or Save Button, Set a variable on the OnSelect: 

Set(MyBalance,LookUp(TableName, 'Unit Name'=TextInput8.Text,'Total  Balance'))

3. On Dropdown2 which is in another screen as you said, there are two things to consider:

Items Property:

TableName.'Total Balance'

Default:

MyBalance

4. Now anytime you click on the Button, it will pick the Total balance related to the dropdown1.

All is done See Attachments

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

PErfect this is really very helpful sir,. just one last thing do you know why the newly created form from different SharePoint lists can not be visible when I try to view that in preview mode. ? is there something that only one form can be used in an application?

if you know what mean please help. I guess the display mode issue but I tried to use all different modes and same but nothing as such as output. 

Is it that you are not able to change the Displaymode of the form.
Can it be done on a button Onselect:
Form1.FormMode=DisplayMode .Edit

Please see the doc file i have attached the photos what is the issue. how you will  get this 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,888)