cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theisogunro
Helper II
Helper II

Drop down with List as a source

I have a sharepoint list called 'Visit Location' and I would like it to be the source of a drop down in PowerApps.  I'm having an issue though.  Below is what I have and the error I get.

theisogunro_0-1620939192539.png

Any help to make sense of why this isn't working would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theisogunro,

Could you please tell that if this Title column is a Text type in the 'Visit Location'?

Do you want to populate the Combo Box or a Drop down Box with the Title column in your 'Visit Location' list?

I want to tell you that if the Title column is a Choice type, you could use the Choice() function because it could only support the Choice type.

I think the key to your issue is the column type of the Title, and most likely this is a Text type.

If the Title column is a Text type, please take a try as below.

Set the Items property of the Combo Box or a Drop down Box as below:

Distinct('Visit Location',Title)

This would populate the drop down control with a distinct value from the Title column.

Hope it could help.

Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@theisogunro 

Just to confirm this is a lookup field on the another list and you are trying to display it from the other list; something similar to below where visit location similar replaces Ticket Location

Mira_Ghaly_0-1620941020178.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@Mira_Ghaly 

Yes.  I want the values in the 'Title' column of my Visit Location list to show in my drop down shown below:

theisogunro_0-1620941417308.png

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@theisogunro 

Please try below where Ticket Types = Visit location

Mira_Ghaly_0-1620941784040.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theisogunro,

Could you please tell that if this Title column is a Text type in the 'Visit Location'?

Do you want to populate the Combo Box or a Drop down Box with the Title column in your 'Visit Location' list?

I want to tell you that if the Title column is a Choice type, you could use the Choice() function because it could only support the Choice type.

I think the key to your issue is the column type of the Title, and most likely this is a Text type.

If the Title column is a Text type, please take a try as below.

Set the Items property of the Combo Box or a Drop down Box as below:

Distinct('Visit Location',Title)

This would populate the drop down control with a distinct value from the Title column.

Hope it could help.

Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

It just shows blanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (89,254)