Bingo! There is the source of your problem!
However...this is actually not your problem (i.e. you didn't cause this with your formulas).
It appears that the ampersand is the culprit. Your formula works perfectly fine if the choices are changed to FDM K and L - Armenia, etc.
I've tried this same concept you have in a test and it is doing the exact same with & characters. I've attempted a couple of workarounds for it - none of them are clean or accurate.
So, this seems to be an issue with choice columns and html characters. Only seems to happen with &'s - I've tried other special characters with no problem.
I believe you options are this:
1) Report this as a bug and wait for a long time to get it corrected
2) Change your choices to "FCM K and L" and get rid of the ampersand
The only thing you will need to account for is if someone writes in an &. I would use a substitute formula to change them to "and" instead.
At least I am glad we got to the point of it being reproducible for me.
Doesn't look like there is anything duplicated in that list. However, I expect that you are refering to those with the & in them as duplicates...
What does your Items property formula for your list look like?
I assume Form is the name of your list...what kind of column is Company and how is it defined?
This is in SharePoint as a Choice Column with just the first set of values (not the ones with the &)?
There is no problem with the formula or the concept. I thought perhaps the &'s would cause some issues, but I just tested and there is no problem here.
If you still have the issue - double check your Choices in the choice column in your list and make sure they are good. Then perhaps 1) refresh the datasource in PowerApps 2) delete the dropdown and then ctrl-z to undo 3) change the Items property to DropDownSample, then back to Choices(Form.Company)
See if any of the above helps.
Well, I'm not sure at what step you have had an issue, so I'll provide you my steps.
In SharePoint - created a Choice column on a list. Added your first 6 choices as seen in picture.
In PowerApps - created a new App. Added a datasource to the SharePoint list.
- added a dropdown control to the app.
- set the Items property to Choices(mySource.Column) - same as your Choices(Form.Company).
- added a ComboBox with the same as the above.
Both worked fine.
I am using Chrome for the designer. Just thought I would mention that in case you are dealing with a browser issue possibly.
Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.
The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.