cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: DropDown Help

SortByColumns(Filter('Vendor List', StartsWith(Company_x0020_Phone, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Company_x0020_Phone", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending)) (Filter('Vendor List', Vendor_x0020_Type.Value = Dropdown1_1.Selected.Value))

I already have a SortByColumns thing going on and working. Am I able to have both properties ?

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I'm sorry, from your question I understood you need to filter the gallery based on the value of the drop down...

If you just want to set the options of the drop down, then just set the drop down items to be ["Critical Vendor", "Non-Critical Vendor"].

Screenshot_2.png

MelindaK
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I do want to to filter the Gallery and once I remove the ability to search for Items your solution works fantastic! But it appears I can keep the search function alive at the same time.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for your help. Your solution did do exactly what I wanted it do. Unfortunatley it kills my sort feature and my search feature. I dont care about the search feature but I would like to keep my filter feature.

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Glad it worked 🙂

If you would give more details about your scenario I might be able to help you to keep both. Do you want to have users to search through the items after they have selected a vendor type? 

MelindaK
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

To be honest I dont need the search funtion. But I would like to keep the sorting ability

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Then your formula should be:

SortByColumns((Filter('Vendor List', Vendor_x0020_Type.Value = Dropdown1_1.Selected.Value)), "Company_x0020_Phone", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))
MelindaK

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Awesome this is perfect!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,883)