Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodrigoCastelli
Helper III
Helper III

DropDown Keeping Selection

Hello everyone,

I have an app that works online and offline.

The issue is only happening offline.

I have an gallery, that when clicking on the button "NextArrow" execute:

Set(GalleryOn;true);;Select(Parent);;Navigate(ScreenVisualization)

**The variable GalleryOn is used to determine which gallery i will access later. (Gallery1 - CollectionA or Gallery3 - CollectionTemp)

Then in the "ScreenVisualization" i have the entire visualization of my data in which field.

The data is displayed in labels, in the Function Text has the code: 

If(GalleryOn = true;Gallery1.Selected.'1.5 303';Gallery3.Selected.temp15303)

The next step is to click in a button to edit this data.

At this screen i work with dropdowns to collect data. The Default Function is:

If(GalleryOn = true;Gallery1.Selected.'1.5 303';Gallery3.Selected.temp15303) 

**The same function used to View information one step back. 

The problem is when i am offline in the edition screen changing the DropDown value from "A" (Value that came with the formula above) to "B". (both values are in expressed in the Items Functions)

This DropDown keeps the value i selected and when i select another item in the gallery, the edit screen keeps the value i change before, instead of use the formula "If(GalleryOn = true;Gallery1.Selected.'1.5 303';Gallery3.Selected.temp15303)" and bring me the value of the gallery.

I would appreciate if someone could help me.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RodrigoCastelli :

First,let me explain why you encountered this problem:

The key is that if you have manually selected an option for a dropdown control, the default property will no longer work until you reset the control. You can understand that the default attribute is the default value of this control. When you modify it, it will always be your modified value, until you modify it again.

Second,you can use the reset function to reset the control and force the control to display the default value.For example:

You can set the "NextArrow" 's OnSelect property to:

Set(GalleryOn;true);;Select(Parent);;Navigate(ScreenVisualization);;Reset(TheDropDown)

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RodrigoCastelli :

First,let me explain why you encountered this problem:

The key is that if you have manually selected an option for a dropdown control, the default property will no longer work until you reset the control. You can understand that the default attribute is the default value of this control. When you modify it, it will always be your modified value, until you modify it again.

Second,you can use the reset function to reset the control and force the control to display the default value.For example:

You can set the "NextArrow" 's OnSelect property to:

Set(GalleryOn;true);;Select(Parent);;Navigate(ScreenVisualization);;Reset(TheDropDown)

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,307)