cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfiszer110

DropDown List with Distinct function

I've a SharePoint List with a column containing dates in the dd/mm/yyyy formwat. I need to create a DropDown populated with the Month only from the dates in that column. I was able to get the DropDown to work by returning the ## of the month, but as soon as I try to format it as the text of that month e.g. March, November, etc. the DropDown stops returning the same results. Why is this happening and how do I correct it?

• Screenshot 1 is the DropDown functioning with ## representing the month
  • Screenshot 2 is the DropDown mal-functioning with text representing the month

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@jfiszer110 

I don't think the Month function is necessary here.  Drop it and simply use Text instead.

Distinct(PwrAppSalesData, Text(DatePick, "mmmm"))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@jfiszer110 

I don't think the Month function is necessary here.  Drop it and simply use Text instead.

Distinct(PwrAppSalesData, Text(DatePick, "mmmm"))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Bingo!  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,804)