cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfiszer110

DropDown List with Distinct function

I've a SharePoint List with a column containing dates in the dd/mm/yyyy formwat. I need to create a DropDown populated with the Month only from the dates in that column. I was able to get the DropDown to work by returning the ## of the month, but as soon as I try to format it as the text of that month e.g. March, November, etc. the DropDown stops returning the same results. Why is this happening and how do I correct it?

• Screenshot 1 is the DropDown functioning with ## representing the month
  • Screenshot 2 is the DropDown mal-functioning with text representing the month

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: DropDown List with Distinct function

@jfiszer110 

I don't think the Month function is necessary here.  Drop it and simply use Text instead.

Distinct(PwrAppSalesData, Text(DatePick, "mmmm"))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@jfiszer110 

I don't think the Month function is necessary here.  Drop it and simply use Text instead.

Distinct(PwrAppSalesData, Text(DatePick, "mmmm"))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
jfiszer110

Bingo!  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,862)