cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfiszer110

DropDown List with Distinct function

I've a SharePoint List with a column containing dates in the dd/mm/yyyy formwat. I need to create a DropDown populated with the Month only from the dates in that column. I was able to get the DropDown to work by returning the ## of the month, but as soon as I try to format it as the text of that month e.g. March, November, etc. the DropDown stops returning the same results. Why is this happening and how do I correct it?

• Screenshot 1 is the DropDown functioning with ## representing the month
  • Screenshot 2 is the DropDown mal-functioning with text representing the month

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@jfiszer110 

I don't think the Month function is necessary here.  Drop it and simply use Text instead.

Distinct(PwrAppSalesData, Text(DatePick, "mmmm"))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@jfiszer110 

I don't think the Month function is necessary here.  Drop it and simply use Text instead.

Distinct(PwrAppSalesData, Text(DatePick, "mmmm"))

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Bingo!  Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,317)