cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

DropDown Lists resetting to default when in edit form

In my app i have seveal dropdown lists on my form. All of their default values are "Not_Selected" as an item of the list.

I created an button for new entries and another button to edit existing entries. 

But when i click to edit an existing entry all the dropdown controls reset to their default value, while the other controls (text control for example) retain their values.

I don't want the dropdown controls reset to their default values when editting an entry.

How can i work around this? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DropDown Lists resetting to default when in edit form

I've solved this issue using this function in "Default": If( Form1.Mode = FormMode.Edit, Parent.Default, "Not_Selected") Althought, two field remained reseting. Still investigating.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JRaasumaa
Level 10

@Anonymous wrote:

In my app i have seveal dropdown lists on my form. All of their default values are "Not_Selected" as an item of the list.

I created an button for new entries and another button to edit existing entries. 

But when i click to edit an existing entry all the dropdown controls reset to their default value, while the other controls (text control for example) retain their values.

I don't want the dropdown controls reset to their default values when editting an entry.

How can i work around this? Thanks in advance!

Try putting the Reset value in your DropDown properties to false.

Otherwise I can't imagine it would flip the values to defaults unless it's supposed to or is a bug.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

I just created an app using the SharePoint list connector and I cannot reproduce your issue with the dropdown control in Edit form. When I click on an exsiting record to edit form, it will show the value of choice column that I set in sharepoint. So please try to let PowerApps to generate the app and see if there is any difference on the configuration of dropdown control in edit form.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reset values of the dropdown control are all "false".

I'm using the CDS connector, if that's relevant.

All the dropdown controls are in an data card.

The only property that i have changed is their Default Value to some item of the list..

I really don't understand why they are resetting to their original default value when in edit form.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, the only fields that reset to their default values are the ones that i have changed their default values.

The other fields that i didn't break that kind "lock" retain their values.

EDIT: Also, when i use Parent.Default as their Default value they retain their values when editting and don't reset, but then they show items as default that i don't want (their first item). There's some way that i can change this Parent.Default item on Power Apps or CDS??
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've solved this issue using this function in "Default": If( Form1.Mode = FormMode.Edit, Parent.Default, "Not_Selected") Althought, two field remained reseting. Still investigating.

View solution in original post

rmaziwis
Level: Powered On

Thank you this worked for me If(datRPEditINJURYHead.Mode=FormMode.Edit,Parent.Default,"Select injury type") I was having a tought time 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,547)