Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajilakes
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dropdown Display

Good morning all,

I need some help with an issue I am having with my application. At the moment we have a dropdown box option Payment Type w/ choices of (Hourly and Weekly). 

What I am trying to do is have a Timesheet approver text input appear when the user selects hourly and when they select weekly it disappears. Would I have to use the Visible mode or Display mode?

Thanks, everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Ajilakes 

If you are looking for the input to appear or disappear, then the Visible property is what you should focus on.

If you want to have it be enabled or disabled, then the DisplayMode property is what you should focus on.

In your case for the TextInputx control visible property, set to something like this:

(dropDownControl.Selected.Value = "hourly")

This will evaluate to true or false based on the value selected in the dropdown control.

Be mindeful of case.  The text should match what you have as values in the list.

Also, some like to type it all out as such:

If(dropDownControl.Selected.Value = "hourly", true, false)

But it's not all needed to type this as the first formula will do the same.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@Ajilakes 

If you are looking for the input to appear or disappear, then the Visible property is what you should focus on.

If you want to have it be enabled or disabled, then the DisplayMode property is what you should focus on.

In your case for the TextInputx control visible property, set to something like this:

(dropDownControl.Selected.Value = "hourly")

This will evaluate to true or false based on the value selected in the dropdown control.

Be mindeful of case.  The text should match what you have as values in the list.

Also, some like to type it all out as such:

If(dropDownControl.Selected.Value = "hourly", true, false)

But it's not all needed to type this as the first formula will do the same.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

Thank you for the help Randy! Really appreciate it 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,506)