Did you mean: 
powerwood
Helper II
Helper II

Dropdown Expected Text

I have a dropdown with the following properties:

Items = Choices('AWI Quality')

Default = galBidsTakeoffOpenBS.Selected.'AWI Quality'.Value

Whereas 'AWI Quality' is a Choice field in a Dataverse table and galBidsTakeoffOpenBS is the name of the gallery that I am using to select the desired record.

The Default property registers an "Expected Text Value" error when typed as above.  I have also tried changing Default to: 

• galBidsTakeoffOpenBS.Selected.'AWI Quality'
  • text(galBidsTakeoffOpenBS.Selected.'AWI Quality'.Value)
  • text(galBidsTakeoffOpenBS.Selected.'AWI Quality')

but none of these work.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here. I have a few other dropdowns on the same app page. In all of those instances, I have the Default set to the equivalent of galBidsTakeoffOpenBS.Selected.'AWI Quality' and it works fine. So I'm not sure what the issue is with this one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
powerwood
Helper II
Helper II

I was able to fix this issue by changing the control to a Combo Box from a Dropdown. 

Items = Choices(Bids.'AWI Quality')

DefaultSelectedItems = galBidsTakeoffOpenBS.Selected.'AWI Quality'

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
indhaa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I'm assuming you want to set the default drop down value to "AWI Quality".

If so  just add In the Default property add only    "AWI Quality". Let me know

No, that's not it. I probably wasn't clear. But the default property is set to the AWI Quality field from the "selected" item from a gallery. The "Expected Text Value" error is occurring in the Default property and I'm not able to insert a text like "AWI Quality" because that is not an option based on the Choices in the Items property. I hope that helps clarify the issue.

Hi @powerwood,

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Do you want to set the Default value of a Dropdown based on the galBidsTakeoffOpenBS selected?

I have a test for you, and it works well as below.

Dropdown Items:

Choices('Species2 ')

Dropdown Default:

galBidsTakeoffOpenBS.Selected.'Species2 '

v-qiaqi-msft_0-1620979893649.png

Note that the 'Species2 ' is the Choice column in my scenario.

In addition, please confirm that if you have a Dropdown box or a Combo Box, if you have a Combo Box, you should set the DefaultSelectedItems rather than the Default property.

If it could not solve you issue, please provide more details about your Dropdown.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

@v-qiaqi-msft ,

Thank you for the help. The scenario that you recommend is exactly how I have it setup. The Dropdown Items are set to Choices('AWI Quality') and the Dropdown Default is set to Gallery.selected.'AWI Quality'. 

I can confirm that it is in fact a Dropdown and not a Combo Box.

Here is a screenshot of the exact error: 

powerwood_0-1620999083787.png

powerwood
Helper II
Helper II

I was able to fix this issue by changing the control to a Combo Box from a Dropdown. 

Items = Choices(Bids.'AWI Quality')

DefaultSelectedItems = galBidsTakeoffOpenBS.Selected.'AWI Quality'

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,230)