Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevtun1982
Helper III
Helper III

Dropdown Filter not acting as hoped

All,

I have received much help over the last week and I am very nearly there. 

I have managed to add 2 dropdown menus (I may add more) and with help, I have Added the ability to select all but, when I select an option from 1 column and leave the other as All, I am not getting any information.

For example, I want to search for ALL Open tickets. If I select Open and leave the other as All. Nothing appears. If I select Open and People, I get the 1 option currently available.

I have enclosed images of what I am currently seeing.

powerapps7.png

Powerapp8.PNG

powerapps9.png

  

14 REPLIES 14
fugixi
Resolver II
Resolver II

No problem.

What I mean is, in your current gallery that lists your SharePoint list items, you have what looks like the Status field as a column.

Could you add the Category field there as well, just so we can verify the information in that field?

@fugixi 

Is this what you need?

powerapp5.png

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize the field was already visible as a column in your gallery.

You should be able to get what you want by changing the Items property for your Gallery control to the below expression:

If(
    StatusDropdown.SelectedText.Value="All",
    NewNCR,
    If(
        CategoryDropdown.SelectedText.Value="All",
        Filter(NewNCR, Status.Value = StatusDropdown.SelectedText.Value),
        Filter(NewNCR, Status.Value = StatusDropdown.SelectedText.Value && Category.Value = CategoryDropdown.SelectedText.Value)
    )
)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did this post solve your problem? Please click Accept as Solution so that others may find it more quickly.
If you liked my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Do you want to hear more from me? Visit my blog Marble's Power Corner.

View solution in original post

@fugixi 

Unbelievable. Thank you so much. I have been trying to get this to work for 2 or 3 days now.

Hehe, no problem, glad to help. 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,236)