Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevtun1982
Helper III
Helper III

Dropdown Filter not acting as hoped

All,

I have received much help over the last week and I am very nearly there. 

I have managed to add 2 dropdown menus (I may add more) and with help, I have Added the ability to select all but, when I select an option from 1 column and leave the other as All, I am not getting any information.

For example, I want to search for ALL Open tickets. If I select Open and leave the other as All. Nothing appears. If I select Open and People, I get the 1 option currently available.

I have enclosed images of what I am currently seeing.

powerapps7.png

Powerapp8.PNG

powerapps9.png

  

14 REPLIES 14
fugixi
Resolver II
Resolver II

No problem.

What I mean is, in your current gallery that lists your SharePoint list items, you have what looks like the Status field as a column.

Could you add the Category field there as well, just so we can verify the information in that field?

@fugixi 

Is this what you need?

powerapp5.png

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize the field was already visible as a column in your gallery.

You should be able to get what you want by changing the Items property for your Gallery control to the below expression:

If(
    StatusDropdown.SelectedText.Value="All",
    NewNCR,
    If(
        CategoryDropdown.SelectedText.Value="All",
        Filter(NewNCR, Status.Value = StatusDropdown.SelectedText.Value),
        Filter(NewNCR, Status.Value = StatusDropdown.SelectedText.Value && Category.Value = CategoryDropdown.SelectedText.Value)
    )
)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did this post solve your problem? Please click Accept as Solution so that others may find it more quickly.
If you liked my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Do you want to hear more from me? Visit my blog Marble's Power Corner.

View solution in original post

@fugixi 

Unbelievable. Thank you so much. I have been trying to get this to work for 2 or 3 days now.

Hehe, no problem, glad to help. 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,175)