Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mts1
Helper III
Helper III

Dropdown Filters

Hi all,

How can i make the below formula work : 

Distinct(Filter(CountriesAndExceptionsAndCarriers_Table, Country = DropDown_Country.Selected.Result & Exception = DropDown_Exception.Selected.Result),Carrier)

Basically, i want to filter a drop down called "Carrier" based on 2 other drops downs called "Country" & "Exception"

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You need to use 2 & signs not one.

For example

Distinct(Filter(CountriesAndExceptionsAndCarriers_Table, Country = DropDown_Country.Selected.Result && Exception = DropDown_Exception.Selected.Result),Carrier)

You may also be better using in or exactin as opposed to the = sign as that is meant for numerical values.

Many thanks,

Jamie

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Akash17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi,

I already checked this video and is not showing how to filter a dropdown with multiple dropdown results.

I don't want to use Forms on my app, but if i cannot make the requirement with dropdown i think i will be obliged to use it.

Hi,

You need to use 2 & signs not one.

For example

Distinct(Filter(CountriesAndExceptionsAndCarriers_Table, Country = DropDown_Country.Selected.Result && Exception = DropDown_Exception.Selected.Result),Carrier)

You may also be better using in or exactin as opposed to the = sign as that is meant for numerical values.

Many thanks,

Jamie

HI,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I have the below error message when i'm using your formula, do you know what can be the issue ? 

Mts1_0-1659097688462.png

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Hi,

This is just a delegation warning not an error, I wouldn't worry about this as power apps objects can only display a set amount of items at once (I think it is 5000) but the exact items can still be retrieved via searching and filtering.

Hope this helps,

Jamie

Thanks a lot for your help and answer.

Your formula is working really fine on my case.

Do you know if there is any way to remove the warning message ? If not, i will leave it like that!

Again thank you, you saved me !

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,518)