cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jchmielewski
Frequent Visitor

Dropdown Issue

I have a DropDown as a part of a form. I set the Allowed Values on the card: ["" , "Glass Bottle" , "PET Bottle" , "Carton" , "Pouch" , "Bulk" ] and then the dropdown's Items property is Parent.AllowedValues.

I have an icon that is conditionally enabled via DisplayMode property: If( frm_NewItemDetail.Valid, DisplayMode.Edit , DisplayMode.Disabled )

If I select any value other than "Glass Bottle" from my dropdown, the enable logic works. If I select "Glass Bottle", the icon stays disabled.

I have deleted it and recreated. I have logged out and back in. I am not sure what could be wrong. Hoping it is something simple I missed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jchmielewski 

Just to be clear (because you didn't show the formula for your label) - you have the text property set to theDataCard.Valid and not yourForm.Valid  correct??  Need to address JUST the datacard - not the form!

Also...you mentioned that you change the spelling to "Glas Bottle" and it still always showed not valid.  What if you changed it to "abcde" - does it still show as not valid when that is chosen?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jchmielewski 

What is the Update property of your Datacard?

The .Valid property of the form essentially just looks at any datacards that have Required set to true and ensures that they have something coming from the Update property.  IN other words, if a card is required and the formula in the Update property produces a blank value, then the form is not valid.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

The Update Property is set to: CardName.Selected.Value

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jchmielewski 

And CardName is the name of your Dropdown control?

If yes...next question - to be clear - you are stating that if you select "Carton" in the CardName dropdown, that the form is valid, but if you select "Glass Bottle" in CardName, the form is NOT valid?

I used CardName for simplicity of example, but yes. The update property matches the drop down name. 

Also yes. If I select any value other than Glass Bottle, the form is valid.

jchmielewski_0-1663958822289.png

jchmielewski_1-1663958873850.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jchmielewski 

Okay...the mystery deepens!

In your screenshot, you had "Carton" selected:

RandyHayes_0-1663959268528.png

Change your selection to "Glass Bottle" and look at that formula again...does it show "Glass Bottle"?

I had two different screen shots. First one was Glass Bottle selected. Second one was Carton Selected. Trying to show they look the same in Card Update

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jchmielewski 

Ah sorry...missed that!  Yes.  Looks good.

Okay - there is no problem then with that card.  You can validate the validation if you like by placing a label on the screen with a Text property of yourDataCard.Valid

Please make sure this shows true for Glass Bottle and any other selection you make (except the empty one - that should show false)

jchmielewski_1-1663959844212.pngjchmielewski_2-1663959884796.png

jchmielewski_3-1663959926887.png

I tried to remove the "" option from my allowed values. I tried to put other test values in front of "Glass Bottle". I changed the spelling to "Glas Bottle". Nothing changes behavior.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jchmielewski 

Just to be clear (because you didn't show the formula for your label) - you have the text property set to theDataCard.Valid and not yourForm.Valid  correct??  Need to address JUST the datacard - not the form!

Also...you mentioned that you change the spelling to "Glas Bottle" and it still always showed not valid.  What if you changed it to "abcde" - does it still show as not valid when that is chosen?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,178)