cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dropdown Items Out of Screen

Hi all,

I've created an embedded canvas app where I've included some custom dropdown lists based on some D365 records.

The problem is that when the user dives in to select one of the records (even though the dropdown is scrollable) the bottom of the list is not visible. I've tried resizing the app or increasing the control height but to no avail. Here is the example:

dropdownCanvasApp.png

Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Dropdown Items Out of Screen

Hi all,

this is most likely going to be my last update regarding this issue as Microsoft has deployed the solution for my canvas app and as I said in my previous post this will be released worldwide by end of next week. This is how it currently looks:

UpdatedDropdownGIF.gif

As you can see I can reach the bottom of the dropdown list easily with all list items being completely visible!

Hope the solution reaches everyone soon and remember to save and publish to see the changes ( especially if it's an embedded canvas app such as mine).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I have this same issue as well now. Users are able to get to the bottom of the dropdown list by using keyboard arrow keys, but not by scrolling as you normally would. Would be nice to resolve as it saves me having to tell every new form user the workaround.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That is indeed working thanks for the tip! But yeah ideally there needs to be a solution on this as it's also affecting any dropdowns opening on the way up. I've raised a ticket with Microsoft and they've identified it as an issue but no ETA as of now unfortunately.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

For anyone still having this issue I received an ETA from Microsoft. The fix will be deployed some time between mid to end of April. I will try to keep this as updated as I can

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

@DimitrisThal  do you got any news here. Where can I see what the next release will include?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @leo41,

Apologies for not updating this sooner. Microsoft wasn't able to deliver the solution on April but they said and I quote:

"The fix is scheduled to be deployed this week. It should be available worldwide by the end of next week."

This was received yesterday morning so here's hoping!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

this is most likely going to be my last update regarding this issue as Microsoft has deployed the solution for my canvas app and as I said in my previous post this will be released worldwide by end of next week. This is how it currently looks:

UpdatedDropdownGIF.gif

As you can see I can reach the bottom of the dropdown list easily with all list items being completely visible!

Hope the solution reaches everyone soon and remember to save and publish to see the changes ( especially if it's an embedded canvas app such as mine).

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,704)