cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dchiu
Regular Visitor

Dropdown Patch and Collect in gallery

Hi all, I'm new to powerapps and I'm hoping you can help me out here.

I have a form and gallery connected to sharepoint. I followed Shane's repeating table video for this.

The issue I'm having is with dropdowns and combobox's within the gallery. I have a save button after each line, with a patch and collect function. This all works well with text input fields as demonstrated in Shane's video. However I don't know how to write these functions with the dropdowns.

For Patch, where text input is {LineText: Input_Text.Text}, I have for the dropdown {LineDrop:Input_Drop.Selected.Value} -----------> this seems fine

For Collect, where text input is {LineText: ""}, I don't know what to do with the dropdown. 

Does someone know what to put here? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

If this is your collect to provide the next blank line in the collection, you don't need to put anything there.   All you are doing is creating a blank row in your collection to use for your next line in your repeating table.

Here is an example from one of my apps that is a 'repeating table':

Holiday.png

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

If this is your collect to provide the next blank line in the collection, you don't need to put anything there.   All you are doing is creating a blank row in your collection to use for your next line in your repeating table.

Here is an example from one of my apps that is a 'repeating table':

Holiday.png

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (66,690)