cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianmacmoore
Frequent Visitor

Dropdown Selected Result error in formula

Hi, I have a set of cascading dropdowns (which happen to be in a component) working perfectly with table as input, except the output resolves to a record, which can't be used for filtering on in app Gallery. I've tried to modify the In and Out using Distinct and [dropdown control].Selected.Result respectively as shown in documentation, but the formula is in error. I'm baffled because it evaluates fine, and even shows the value and Result is available as autofill.

ianmacmoore_0-1644701395015.pngianmacmoore_1-1644701423525.pngianmacmoore_2-1644701470177.pngianmacmoore_3-1644701490646.png

Thanks for any insight you can provide. Component is attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ianmacmoore
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind I figured it out. Hopefully this will help someone else. I had the Output Property in the component set to Record, so everything was confused and not resolving properly.

ianmacmoore_0-1644715619678.png

Setting to Text removed the errors.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ianmacmoore
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind I figured it out. Hopefully this will help someone else. I had the Output Property in the component set to Record, so everything was confused and not resolving properly.

ianmacmoore_0-1644715619678.png

Setting to Text removed the errors.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,782)