cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgrrdy

Dropdown Value Formatting

Hi All,

I am trying to create a Price Card and my Data source is an Excel file.

I have created a dependent drop down list and the value inside it should return in Currency format, instead its showing in Date, Time format.

sgrrdy_0-1656854976952.png Format in Excel file

sgrrdy_1-1656855003397.pngReturned Format in Power Apps

Would appreciate the help.

Kind Regards

Sagar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@sgrrdy 

PowerApps does not capture Currency type columns from Excel correctly nor any calculated columns.  It basically accepts only simple text, numbers and date/time formatted data.  The currency formatting is done from within PowerApps after numeric data is found.  I suggest copying your table in Excel to a new table but without the last column that is added by PowerApps.  Reformat your data as text, number and data/time types.  Make sure that the first line below the column headers contains data in all columns and none of the column headers contain spaces or unusual characters. Then reimport the new table and take 10 minutes to watch Shane Young's video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmZM3tm2Zs 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@sgrrdy 

PowerApps does not capture Currency type columns from Excel correctly nor any calculated columns.  It basically accepts only simple text, numbers and date/time formatted data.  The currency formatting is done from within PowerApps after numeric data is found.  I suggest copying your table in Excel to a new table but without the last column that is added by PowerApps.  Reformat your data as text, number and data/time types.  Make sure that the first line below the column headers contains data in all columns and none of the column headers contain spaces or unusual characters. Then reimport the new table and take 10 minutes to watch Shane Young's video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmZM3tm2Zs 

Hi @Drrickryp,

Thank you for the info. Will try it out.

Regards

Hi @Drrickryp Didn't have to copy the data into a new table. Just reformatted the currency into text in the same table and it was updated in the PowerApps. Now it shows as plain number.

sgrrdy_0-1656894372267.png

Thank you very much  with the help.

Have a wonderful day ahead.

Regards 

Sagar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,461)