cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown Value

Hi guys,

I have been trying to create a user form . I have two drop down fields named Portfolio_level and portfolio_input were portfolio_level has items called ["Country","Region","Global"] . I am suppose to the get the values from a share point list REGION_COUNTRY when i choose any item from portfolio_level. For eg - if i choose region from portfolio_level i need to get all the region from the share point list(REGION_COUNTRY) and displayed as drop down in portfolio_input

When i try to do the same thing i get below error in update.

PIC 1PIC 1PIC 2PIC 2

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rohitsekar1996 ,

I just want to confirm what's data type of portfolio_input column in sharepoint? Is it single line of text type?

If so, what you need to modify is to unify the two column names as the drop-down field only recognizes one column name.

Try to modify the Items property as follows.

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="Country",RenameColumns(REGION_COUNTRY.COUNTRY_DISPLAY,"COUNTRY_DISPLAY","Value"),RenameColumns(REGION_COUNTRY.REGION,"REGION","Value"))

Then set the Update property as follows.

DataCardValue4.Selected.Value

Hope this helps.

Sik 

View solution in original post

Hi @rohitsekar1996 ,

Of course, Distinct() function returns Result,  unifying the column names at the same time. 

Try to modify the Items property of Dropdown as follows.

If(
DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="Country",
Distinct(REGION_COUNTRY,COUNTRY_DISPLAY),
Distinct(REGION_COUNTRY,REGION)
)

DataCardValue4.Selected.Result

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Looking at your formula, you are not setting the items correctly. Your if statement is right, but after If(Datacard.....Selected.Value=Country, 

It should be Filter(Region_Country,Country=X,Region)

(assuming you want to filter to the region country  records where the country is a certain country and display those regions

thanks for the suggestion, but i do not want my region to populate based on the country selection. I just need my country and region values from share point to be populated in the portfolio_input field when i choose the region from the portfolio_level and the same of country . so for example if i select the country from the portfolio_level field i need all country to be populated from share point list

just giving you a suggestion to get past the 2,000 item delegation limit. Your approach would work as long as it doesn't go over 2,000 records.

Hi @rohitsekar1996 ,

I just want to confirm what's data type of portfolio_input column in sharepoint? Is it single line of text type?

If so, what you need to modify is to unify the two column names as the drop-down field only recognizes one column name.

Try to modify the Items property as follows.

If(DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="Country",RenameColumns(REGION_COUNTRY.COUNTRY_DISPLAY,"COUNTRY_DISPLAY","Value"),RenameColumns(REGION_COUNTRY.REGION,"REGION","Value"))

DataCardValue4.Selected.Value

Hope this helps.

Sik 

thanks for you answer works perfectly ,Is there anyway to apply distinct function in the if condition since region,country contain some duplicate values.

Hi @rohitsekar1996 ,

Of course, Distinct() function returns Result,  unifying the column names at the same time. 

Try to modify the Items property of Dropdown as follows.

If(
DataCardValue3.Selected.Value="Country",
Distinct(REGION_COUNTRY,COUNTRY_DISPLAY),
Distinct(REGION_COUNTRY,REGION)
)

DataCardValue4.Selected.Result

Hope this helps.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,568)