cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nchandran
Helper V
Helper V

Dropdown box and search box visibility problems

I have a datacard that contains a dropdown box control and text input control. 

Basically both controls work as data inputs into one sharepoint column called MarterialPartNo.

The dropdown menu if selected empty item will vanish and the input text will appear along with the reset button. The reset button is created to vanish the text input visibility as well as the button and return the dropdown menu visibility. Every input from the text input will build the sharepoint column and also builds the item property list for the dropdown menu.

Sharepoint list name is WDS

Drop down control is called WelderWDSMatDropdown

Items property is Distinct(WDS,MaterialPartNo) 

Visibility property is If(IsBlank(WelderWDSMatDropdown.Selected.Result),false,true)

Reset button name is WDSMatClear

Onselect property is Reset(WelderWDSMatDropdown)

Visibile property is true

Text input control name is DataCardValue21

Default property is f(IsBlank(WelderWDSMatDropdown.Selected.Result),"", WelderWDSMatDropdown.Selected.Result)

Visibile property is true

Now i can only see the text input , the reset button doesn't function as i want it.

nchandran_0-1614505935832.png

nchandran_1-1614505948128.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@gazzo1967 

You can drop the If() as !IsBlank(WelderWDSMatDropdown.Selected.Result) reduces to either true or false.

For the card containing DataCardValue21, you can set the UpdateProperty to  WelderWDSMatDropdown.Selected.Result.  It doesn't matter what the control in the card shows. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@nchandran 

Sharepoint list name is WDS

Drop down control is called WelderWDSMatDropdown

Items property is Distinct(WDS,MaterialPartNo) 

Visibility property is If(IsBlank(WelderWDSMatDropdown.Selected.Result),false,true)

Not sure if i am correct but shouldn't this line be
If(!IsBlank(WelderWDSMatDropdown.Selected.Result),true,false)

Gary

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

@gazzo1967 

You can drop the If() as !IsBlank(WelderWDSMatDropdown.Selected.Result) reduces to either true or false.

For the card containing DataCardValue21, you can set the UpdateProperty to  WelderWDSMatDropdown.Selected.Result.  It doesn't matter what the control in the card shows. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (944)