cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Dropdown box no/incorrect value

After inserting data source I removed the data input field and replaced with dropdown selction. I made sure that it is still in the correct field. Because that particular field is required I get the error of no or incorrect value which I assume is because of the dropdown box? My syntax on Items of Dropdown box: ["Name of Course", "Basic Fall Arrest"] to my knowledge this output is be default in Text?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andries1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the data input field that you mentioned? Is it a Text type field?

Do you want to use Dropdown box selection collect data for the field instead of the original Text Box?

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Update property of the Text Input field data card within your Edit form to following:

Dropdown1.Selected.Value

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi!

I´m not really getting you problem. Do you get an error when you try to display your selection? If that is the case, the syntax for the label (or whetever the control is) should be Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value. If you only type Dropdown1.SelectedText, you will get errors since that doesn´t return a string.

BR

Pontus

Highlighted

I get the message when I try to submit Form. I believe that the DataCard does not recognize the DropDown Input field or my data type is incirrect?

I replaced the original Input field with dropdown selection once I connected the data.

Highlighted

Ok, now I´m following 🙂

Can you try to set the Update property of the Datacard to dropdown1.SelectedText.Value and the try to submit the form. Just replace dropdown1 to your dropdown-id. I think that this might solve your problem. 🙂 

BR

Pontus

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andries1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the data input field that you mentioned? Is it a Text type field?

Do you want to use Dropdown box selection collect data for the field instead of the original Text Box?

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Update property of the Text Input field data card within your Edit form to following:

Dropdown1.Selected.Value

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,332)