Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidessex
Helper II
Helper II

Dropdown choices not appearing in Power App

Hi

I created an app which worked OK. One of the datacards was a dropdown which came from a choice field in a sharepoint list. No Problem. We then wanted to update the choice list, but I know that if you update the list of choices in the field in lists, it wont update on the app.

So I created a new choice field, added the choices (single choice only selected not multiple), went into the app, deleted the old data card and added the new one linked to the new field in list. Simple - until you try and do a sample check when nothing shows in the list box other than Item 1, Item 2, Item 3.

I looked on here and tried to resolve by deleteing the card, saving, publishing and then going back in and putting the new datacard back in but nothing happens. The only problem I could see from the old card to the new card was in the Display Fields it said ["Value1"] instead of ["Value"] like all the other dropdowns. I deleted the 1 and when I tried the app there was not options to chose from (Item1, 2 etc had disappeared).

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Went to try that, but it seems that It had already resolved itself and was working without me doing anything to it! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StretchFredrik
Super User
Super User

Please change the following in your dropdown:

StretchFredrik_0-1661861418193.png

If this solved your issue please mark your post as Solved. 
Also, if you appreciated my answer, dont forget to give it a Thumbs Up 😃

Went to try that, but it seems that It had already resolved itself and was working without me doing anything to it! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,533)