Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PSahu
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dropdown control bug when used in a Gallery

Hi All,

I have created an App with a gallery of questions...answers for each questions are to be selected from a dropdown control. 

While playing the app, if I select the first dropdown value to say 2, then scroll down, I am seeing multiple dropdown values below are getting set to 2 automatically instead of 0 which is my default value set for the dropdown control. If now I update the first value to say 3, the rest are remaining same as 2.

This issue does not happen if I choose the 2nd dropdown first, just with first dropdown.

Also if after entering the gallery I scroll down to the end and then scroll back up and then select first dropdown value, it does not update the rest. Only if I select the first dropdown after entering the gallery, many of the below dropdown values change to same value which is selected in first dropdown.

The same issue I did saw with Text Input control also couple months back, if used in a gallery. When something I input in the first text box, it copies the same to many of the below text boxes in the gallery automatically.

For now, I have implemented a workaround for the issue, but just wanted to notify regarding the bug.

Regards,

Psahu

5 REPLIES 5
Mike8
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yes, I have also noticed this bug. It's crazy. The first record in the Gallery is in control and likes to be followed 😛
It doesn't happen all the time though. I couldn't figure out how and when it happens.

Thanks @PSahu for reporting this bug. We are aware of this and related issues and a fix will be coming very soon.

Thank you

We have released a new version of gallery. Try it out and let us know if you still have the same problems.

No, not working yet. I tried to create an app in web with a single screen, added a gallery with 9 items and added dropdown (values from 0-10) to each item, 0 being default value.

While previewing/playing, selected the first dropdown value as 4, the 8th and 9th dropdown automatically updated to 4, rest all remained 0 (default value).

Could anybody else try the same and verify if its working or not for them.

Regards,

PSahu

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,512)