cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Dropdown controls not showing selected values from SharePoint list

Hi Folks,

I have a gallery in my form with a SharePoint list data source. The gallery is set up like a matrix and has several dropdown controls on it. Thanks to help from @mdevaney I now have the options showing up just as they are configured in the SharePoint list. My issue now is that they do not reflect the actually selected values in the associated list item. Most of the items in the first screenshot below should read "Expected" but they all read the first value in the choices (Actual). The default value in the options field over in SharePoint is configured to be blank.

Dropdown Screenshot 01.png

Screenshot 2 shows how I have the dropdown control configured on the form. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Dropdown Screenshot 02.png

Thanks and Regards,

Patrick Kelligan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Dropdown controls not showing selected values from SharePoint list

Hi @Kelligan ,

Try this in the Default

ThisItem.'Grant Award Actual or Expected'.Value

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Kelligan ,

Try this in the Default

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kelligan ,

Do you mean that your drop downs will display the first value in the choices instead of the actually selected values, even the default of drop down is blank?

Firstly, let me explain you why you met this problem.

1)Drop down will display the first item as its default selected value by default, if you do not set any formula in its Default property.

2)If you use some formulas in the drop down's Default property, it will display the value that you set as default selected value.

Please notice that you need to fill in a formula that returns a text value in the drop down's Default property.

Secondly, how to set default property in your issue?

Could you tell me the data type of 'Grant Award Actual or Expected'?

I assume that it is choice type.

If so, please set the drop down's Default:

(ThisItem.fieldname.Value)

//Since 'Grant Award Actual or Expected' is a choice type, you need to use 'Grant Award Actual or Expected'.Value to get text value.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @WarrenBelz,

I applied your snippet to the drop-down and it worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the help! As a total PowerApps/SharePoint Online noob, folks like you are making my transition from InfoPath and on-prem easier.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Patrick Kelligan 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @v-yutliu-msft

Thanks so much for your response and the detailed explanation. It helps. Your answer was correct but @WarrenBelz answered with the correct solution first so I marked his response as the answer. I really appreciate the community here. I am making a transition from on-prem to online and from InfoPath to PowerApps and this community makes it much easier.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Patrick Kelligan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,779)