cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Dropdown defaults issue

I am having an issue where my dropdowns are displaying the correct default numerical value but not the correct default text value.

I've connected to a couple of SQL tables. SSF_Main is where my data is stored, SSF_LK_SSF_Scale is a lookup table where 1 = Large-scale and 2 = Small-scale. Although the dropdown is defaulting to the correct scale ID, when I change the the field that is displayed in the dropdown from PK_SSF_Scale to SSF_Scale (scale name rather than scale ID), it just defaults to the first option in the list. Is there a solution for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Dropdown defaults issue

The issue is the LookUp. Can you further explain the reason for the LookUp. And is the lookup from another table

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

You can change the Items of the dropdown to:

Datasource.ColumnNameOfYourChoice

So: Tablename.PK_SSF_Scale

Or

Tablename.SSF_Scale

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks but when I tried this I just lost all of my options from my dropdown list?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

What is the table name and what Column do you want to show. Can you show a screenshot.

------------

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Just tried it again and it's still just showing the scale numbers not text (I've gone in and out of this screen a couple of times which should reset the dropdowns via a reset variable)

Table name is '[dbo].[SSF_LK_SSF_Scale]' and column name is SSF_Scale

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

The issue is the LookUp. Can you further explain the reason for the LookUp. And is the lookup from another table

------------

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The lookup is from where the main data is stored for each entity ([dbo].[SSF_Main]). This contains information on the entity, the scale of the entity, its review status, etc. etc. The scale and review status are stored in SSF_Main as a numerical value. The lookup table [dbo].[SSF_LK_SSF_Scale] is used to assign that value a user-readable name (ie 1 = large-scale, 2 = small-scale, 3 = mixed). 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @eka24 , with you pointing out the issue with the lookup, I'm now using a variable set in the OnVisible function of the screen rather than a lookup in the default function of the dropdown. This is working as expected now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,654)