Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ATRMK
Level: Powered On

Dropdown defaults won't reset

Hey All,

I've recently noticed a problem in which my Dropdown menu values will not reset correctly.

I have an application which has records, of which all are laid out exactly the same and use the same fields and collection.

The problem I am noticing is that it now pulls the dropdown values from the most recent record I was on. For example, If I have a record #3 which is fully filled out, and record #4 which is incomplete, if I click on record 3, then go back and click on 4, it will carry over the dropdown values from 3. This is only happening with dropdown menus, all other text and date fields reset perfectly normally.

In the screenshot I provided, it shows what *Should* be a completely empty record, but as you can see, it has pulled in the dropdown values from the most recent record I was on.I am using a variable called ResetVar to reset my collections.

Has anyone had a similar issue to this? It seems to only be the dropdown menus which are not being properly reset by my ResetVar variable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ATRMK

Re: Dropdown defaults won't reset

Hey All,

I figured out what is happening.

For some reason, the ClearCollect I have when entering my record no longer works on the dropdowns (well, the collect works, but not the clear). So, i am adding to my back button a manual reset like Reset(dropdownvalue1) on leaving the page. 

Thanks for the help @datamaster 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
datamaster
Level 8

Hi @ATRMK   are you explicitily resetting the dropdowns "reset(dropdown)"? Also have you set the default values to a value availble in the dropdown?

---------------------------------------------OfficePowerUser.com--------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up. 

ATRMK

Hey @datamaster !

I'm actually not using the Reset() at all, because I want users to be able to go back into the record and view the information. Sorry I didn't mention that 🙂

For the default values, i'm actually using the Current value of the collection. Shown in the attachment.

I should also add that this seems like purely a display glitch, because when I go to view my current collection, it's empty as it should be. Very odd!

Thanks for your help!

powerapp2.png

datamaster
Level 8

@ATRMK  if you are using a form to display your data you should set the default value of the drop down to "thisitem.typeofwork" so that if the user selects a different option and does not save then navigates away. You want to reset the drop down so when they navigate back the values goes back to the correct value of the record. Another thing to look at is to check the status of the form. If it is in New mode set your default value else set it to the "thisitem.typeofwork". example in the default you could set it as If(EditForm1.Mode=New,varYourDevaultValue,ThisItem.typeofwork)

---------------------------------------------------OfficePowerUser.com----------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on
“Accept as Solution” to help other members. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

ATRMK

Hey @datamaster ,

The problem for is that I'm actually not using a form because these fields write to different tables in my database, so actually each control is individual.

To me, it really seems to be a display glitch...when I go into my collection, it's empty (as it should be), yet still the dropdowns display the values from whatever field I was previously on. So strange. I think I might have to put a support ticket in or something.

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it!

ATRMK

Hey All,

I figured out what is happening.

For some reason, the ClearCollect I have when entering my record no longer works on the dropdowns (well, the collect works, but not the clear). So, i am adding to my back button a manual reset like Reset(dropdownvalue1) on leaving the page. 

Thanks for the help @datamaster 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,070)