Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Luiz_Tapia
Regular Visitor

Dropdown does not display the zero of the sharepoint list

Hello!

My dropdown is connected to a sharepoint list that contains numbers from 0 to 100 with an increment of 1 and is sorted in ascending order but the dropdown does not display the number 0 (zero), only from 1 to 100. How can I make the 0 (zero) also appear in the dropdown?
Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Luiz_Tapia
Regular Visitor

Re: Dropdown does not display the zero of the sharepoint list

Hi @WarrenBelz,

I changed the column name to "qtd_lista" and re-inserted the field in the app but, unfortunately, nothing has changed.

With your tip, I remembered that sometimes it is necessary to reset things and so I decided to create a new SHP list with exactly everything the same, everything (fields, properties, etc.) and ..... voilá, it worked ... I have no idea why the other list doesn't work ...

Lesson learned!

Thank you very much for you @WarrenBelz and @MarvinBangertto help me.

BR,

Luiz

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MarvinBangert Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey @Luiz_Tapia 

i have a few questions regarding your SharePoint List and Power Apps form:

• What data type is your SharePoint column that contains the numbers? Is it a number data type with all numbers within the list itself or a choice data type to select a number from it?
  • Do you use a gallery, form or just a dropdown within your Power Apps?
  • What is your function for Items and value within your dropdown in Power Apps?

I created a list with a number data type column within SharePoint, connected it to Power Apps, added a dropdown and selected "List" as items and column name as values. That works for me:

Image 621.pngImage 619.pngImage 620.png

Thanks in advance

Regards

Marvin

WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Luiz_Tapia ,

What is the Items property of your dropdown?

Update - just noticed I posted after another responder @MarvinBangert.

Apologies as this is discourteous and I will leave you with @MarvinBangert  to solve the matter.

Luiz_Tapia
Regular Visitor

Hello @MarvinBangert!

First of all, thank you very much for the quick response!

So, I did the same as your example, but it didn't work.

• What data type is your SharePoint column that contains the numbers? Is it a number data type with all numbers within the list itself or a choice data type to select a number from it? shp list --> number data type
  • Do you use a gallery, form or just a dropdown within your Power Apps? just a dropdown
  • What is your function for Items and value within your dropdown in Power Apps? - items = SortByColumns(SHPLIST.Qtd_Itens;"Qtd_Itens") / Value = Qtd_Itens  -- "Qtd_Itens" is the name of column.

I attached the images in this message.

I know that in "handmade" mode it works by placing the numbers in the property "item" = [0; 1; 2; 3; ...] but it is not what I want since this list may vary in the future and I have more of 30 fields that will use this configuration.

Thank you in advance.

Luiz_Tapia
Regular Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz !

Thanks you!!

BR,

Luiz

MarvinBangert Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey @Luiz_Tapia 

thanks for your feedback. I guess " / Value = Qtd_Itens " is just a command, isn't it?

If you click on the formula bar and expand the table right under the bar, what kind of information do you see?

Can you add an order to your SortByColumns like:

SortByColumns(List2.MyNumbers,"MyNumbers",Ascending)

Then you should see something like:

Image 624.png

@WarrenBelz thank you for your consideration. If you have an idea or the solution, please don't hesitate to post it 🙂 

Regards

Marvin

Community Champion

The SortByColumns will work - so will

Sort(SHPLIST.Qtd_Itens,Ascending)

but if you have duplicates in this list (which I suspect you will) - you will need

Sort(Distinct(SHPLIST,Qtd_Itens),Ascending)

which will work as long as you have at least one of each number in the list.

Luiz_Tapia
Regular Visitor

@MarvinBangert  and @WarrenBelz 

My apologies for not being clear in the answer, but when I wrote "Value = Qty_Itens" I meant that what is in the "Value" property is the name of the column that contains the values.

In the table displayed in the formula bar, my list of numbers appears, but only from 1 to 60 and not all numbers that go up to 100. In the field, all numbers from 1 to 100 except the number zero (0) appear.

Captura de Tela 2020-03-31 às 18.49.23.png

Captura de Tela 2020-03-31 às 18.50.33.png

Ascending has been included in SortByColumns and now all numbers from 1 to 100 appear but zero is not yet displayed.

Captura de Tela 2020-03-31 às 18.54.31.png

My sharepoint list does not contain duplicate numbers, but I noticed that whenever I look at the data, the number zero appears last. I don't know the cause. Is it a problem with sharepoint lists that do not consider zero as a number?

Captura de Tela 2020-03-31 às 19.02.59.png

Thanks again for all the help.

BR,

Luiz

Community Champion

Hi @Luiz_Tapia ,

Please change that column name (Value) - it is a reserved word in Power Apps for a number of things and I now can understand why things do not work properly.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Luiz_Tapia
Regular Visitor

Hi @WarrenBelz,

I changed the column name to "qtd_lista" and re-inserted the field in the app but, unfortunately, nothing has changed.

With your tip, I remembered that sometimes it is necessary to reset things and so I decided to create a new SHP list with exactly everything the same, everything (fields, properties, etc.) and ..... voilá, it worked ... I have no idea why the other list doesn't work ...

Lesson learned!

Thank you very much for you @WarrenBelz and @MarvinBangertto help me.

BR,

Luiz

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,470)