cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dropdown field is initially blank

Hello, I have been a software developer for 20 years but I am brand new to PowerApps.

I have a Sharepoint Online list with a Lookup column in it that gets data from another Sharepoint list. I have no problems with the list or lookup column when using Sharepoint Online.

But, PowerApps does not populate the dropdown field the first time the screen is accessed, it is blank, the other fields (Textboxes) are populated as expected. I have to manually click the dropdown to get the lookup data to populate, then the dropdown functions as expected for each record (the lookup value is in the dropdown).

I can put a Label on the datacard and it populates every time with the list data, but the dropdown is blank (on the first record). The dropdown requires a manual click to open the connection to Sharepoint Online the first time the Edit screen is accessed.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to force the dropdown to get the Sharepoint lookup data before the dropdown populates so that the dropdown will have the lookup data the first time I access the Edit screen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--Chris

13 REPLIES 13

@AlexN,

I have created a custom connection to get data from a web API

Which is working good and when i test I'm able to get data.

But when i try to create a collection and get data into collection, it shows nothing on collection.

Can someone help me how to get data into collections from custom connector.

Thanks,

MK

@Shanescows

I have created a custom connection to get data from a web API

Which is working good and when i test I'm able to get data.

But when i try to create a collection and get data into collection, it shows nothing on collection.

Can someone help me how to get data into collections from custom connector.

Thanks,

MK

ultimasoft

If(Form1.Mode = FormMode.New,First(Choices([@List].Field)),ThisItem.Field)

Hi @JRaasumaa 

I have created a tabbed form where different cards are visible depending on which tab (button) is selected. To achieve this I already have a formula for OnVisible.

GraemeNZ_0-1636323045565.png

Can you please advise the correct syntax to combine this OnVisible formula with the one you have proposed in your solution?

Cheers, GraemeNZ

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,232)