cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Dropdown filter

Hi 

i would like to filter my data based on monthly dropdown whats formula to use please and here is my currant formula and how can i added dropdown 

Sort(
Filter(
Shipments,
StartsWith(
Company.Value,
SearchBar.Text
)
),
OrderDate,
Descending
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also close the item., please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
14 REPLIES 14

I have given all the formulas you need in my previous replies.

To help you understand increase your knowledge on search and Dropdowns, watch these videos:

Watch this video on search
https://youtu.be/FaTnOOc34os?t=3

Also on Dropdowns

https://youtu.be/kLGglidmPxg?t=762

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @eka24 

Thanks for the videos, i have added the dropdown include but the only problems i have now is, i got a column on my data is Lookup called Company.Value and is not allowing me so how can i add the search on this please and here is my latest search function i have made out of the video you have sent to me.

Search(

If(
Dropdown2_3.Selected.Result = "All",
Shipments,
Filter(
Shipments,
'Shipping Method'.Value = Dropdown2_3.Selected.Result
)
),SearchBar_1.Text,"InvoiceNumber","TrackingNumber")

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also close the item., please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Please try this formula:

Filter(Search(Shipments, SearchBar_1.Text,"InvoiceNumber "," TrackingNumber"),

'Shipping Method'.Value = Dropdown2_3.Selected.Result))

If it works, we go ahead with the other parameter.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @eka24 

that works but how can i add the lookup column called Company.Value on search please 

Thanks  

Insert Another dropdown and set Items to Shipments.Company.Value

Then change the formula to:

'Shipping Method'.Value = Dropdown2_3.Selected.Result&&Company.Value = Dropdown4.Selected.Value)

Or If Dropdown4 is Distinct,

'Shipping Method'.Value = Dropdown2_3.Selected.Result&&Company.Value = Dropdown4.Selected.Result)

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,772)