Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Dropdown from another table in Form giving a Value error

Hello,

So I need to access a column from another table inside a form as a dropdown. (Basically, so each value is distinct)

The thing is it works perfectly - the column values display - if I'm editing the App and press the 'play' button but if I open it directly I get an error;

"The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: The column 'Value' of the table wasn't found. inner exception: The column 'Value' of the table wasn't found".

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you.

EDIT: Alternatively is there a way I can get only distinct values from a column into a dropdown? ('Distinct' doesn't work)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Dropdown from another table in Form giving a Value error

Found a solution, hopefully just a temporary one, basically if you want a dropdown to work in a form make sure you unselect this in App settings > Advanced Settings
res.PNG 

Everything runs slower as a result but atleast it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi Conner,
Try replacing Value in your formula with Result and see if that works.
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks for the reply, but this didn't work, I think the problem lies with the dropdown being unable to get the column value for some reason.

If I navigate to the form by pressing the 'Play' button inside editing the app I get :

drop2.PNG

But if I navigate to the form by just pressing the 'Play' button from the PowerApps homepage i get:

drop1.PNG

The Column values arent found, and the error shows up.

The 'items' value is "Distinct('[autmeasures].[Measure_Configuration]', Measure_Group_Code)" (I managed to get Distinct to work) but the error happens regardless - with or without the distinct filter.

Any ideas? 

Thanks for your help

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Found a solution, hopefully just a temporary one, basically if you want a dropdown to work in a form make sure you unselect this in App settings > Advanced Settings
res.PNG 

Everything runs slower as a result but atleast it works.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,413)