cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown in 'Repeating' table scenario

I haven't seen this question yet so hopefully someone will have a solution for me.

For starters giving all credit to Shane Young for his 'Repeating tables like InfoPath' video series.

Scenario:

Gallery:  HolidayCollection2

HolidayCollection2 Collection column: HalfDay

Dropdown choice field - Half Day:

Default: ThisItem.HalfDay

Items: ["No", "Yes"]

halfday1.jpg          halfday2.jpg

This is how it works currently.     What I would like to do is have it present with 'No' already selected, like this image below.   Then the user can choose 'Yes' if they need to change it.   99% of these will be no.

halfday3.jpg

I am not sure what I need to change to do this or if it's possible given the 'gallery' and collection setup.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Dropdown in 'Repeating' table scenario

@JR-BejeweledOne 

You could change the Default property of the dropdown choice field from this:

ThisItem.HalfDay

To this:

"No"

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

In this 'repeating table' scenario if I change the default away from 'ThisItem.halfDay' it introduces another issue where the item does not appear to be saved to the end user.   In the saved 'row' the field is blank.

Super User
Super User

@JR-BejeweledOne 

Can you please take a screenshot of the error you are getting with the saved row and post it on the forum?  Please also show what the saved row should look like.

I am not currently getting an error.   I had one initially and it was resolved in an earlier post.   This has been referenced numerous times here by others and the solution is that the Default must be set to 'ThisItem.AssociatedCollectionColumn'.  

If it's not possible to set the dropdown to a default value in this scenario, that's fine, I was just trying to find out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,424)