cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Dropdown issue after submitting

I have created an intake form for users. I connected this form to a share point list (Parent List) . I also connected 2 other lists to the form to populate dropdowns. When I submitt the form the fields that are connected to the two separate lists don't populate in the Parent List. Any suggjestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

hi @Bman1991,

which columns do the two Dropdowns connect to? Are they choice type column?

Could you please share more details about the Items property of the two Dropdown boxes within your Edit form?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the Update property of the Data card which contains the Dropdown box in your Edit form?

I assume the field the Dropdown box related to is a Choice type column in your SP list, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

I created three lists named “list1(parent list), list2and list3”.

2.PNG

Column2 and column3 are both choice type.

3.PNG

Title is single text.

4.PNG

Title is single text.

5.PNG

Set the items property of datacardvalue5 to :

list2.Title

set the update property of column2_DataCard2 to:

{ID:LookUp(list2,DataCardValue5.Selected.Title=Title,ID),Value:DataCardValue5.Selected.Title}

Set the items property of datacardvalue6 to:

list3.Title

set the update property of column3_DataCard2 to:

{ID:LookUp(list3,DataCardValue6.Selected.Title=Title,ID),Value:DataCardValue6.Selected.Title

regards,

eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Bman1991,

Check the Update property of the card the Dropbox is in and. Make sure it references the correct value, for example Dropbox1.Selected.ID

Community Support
Community Support

hi @Bman1991,

which columns do the two Dropdowns connect to? Are they choice type column?

Could you please share more details about the Items property of the two Dropdown boxes within your Edit form?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the Update property of the Data card which contains the Dropdown box in your Edit form?

I assume the field the Dropdown box related to is a Choice type column in your SP list, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

I created three lists named “list1(parent list), list2and list3”.

2.PNG

Column2 and column3 are both choice type.

3.PNG

Title is single text.

4.PNG

Title is single text.

5.PNG

Set the items property of datacardvalue5 to :

list2.Title

set the update property of column2_DataCard2 to:

{ID:LookUp(list2,DataCardValue5.Selected.Title=Title,ID),Value:DataCardValue5.Selected.Title}

Set the items property of datacardvalue6 to:

list3.Title

set the update property of column3_DataCard2 to:

{ID:LookUp(list3,DataCardValue6.Selected.Title=Title,ID),Value:DataCardValue6.Selected.Title

regards,

eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,835)