cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dropdown itens doesn't appear on mobile

Hi guys, my name is Lucas and I'm from Brazil,

So, I've this dropdown box (placa) populated by a PostgreSQL table. When I'm testing it on the browser, it shows up every item just fine (this table has around 30 registers):

dropdown working via browserdropdown working via browser

But when I go to the powerapps mobile version, it doesn't display anything:

noitems.jpeg

I've already tried removing the datacard and adding it again, I've tried refreshing and had no success. Can you guys please help me?

(P.s Sorry for the bad english lol) 

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the "placa" Dropdown box?

Have you upgraded your Power Apps Mobile App to the latest version?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Firstly, please make sure you have typed proper formula within the Items property of the Dropdown box, and you have specified proper column value as Display column value within the Value property as below:

2.JPG

If you want to display proper column name within the Dropdown box from your PostgreSQL table, please consider set the Items property of the Dropdown box to following:

Distinct('Your PostgreSQL Table', ColumnName)

In addition, you could also consider add a ComboBox control in your Edit form to list column values from your PostgreSQL table instead of the Dropdown box, then check if the issue is fixed.

Please also make sure the version of your PowerApps Mobile App has been upgrade to the latest version. If not, please upgrade it to the latest version, then run your canvas app again, check if the issue is solved.

Also please consider uninstall the PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile deice, then re-install it again, run your canvas app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I do have the latest version of power apps on my phone (and I've just tried uninstalling and installing again) and it still didn't worked.

Could you please share more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the "placa" Dropdown box?

Answer: I've tried Distinct('mytable'; column), it didn't worked. Them I've tried inserting only 'mytable'.column, it didn't as well.

The odd situation here, is that on my browser it works perfectly, it just doesn't populate when I'm at my mobile

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you taken a try to run your canvas app in iOS Mobile device? Same issue?

Have you taken a try with the ComboBox instead of the Dropdown box?

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. Please consider take a try running your canvas app in iOS Mobile device, then check if same issue also occurs. If issue disappears, I think this issue may be related to Mobile device. Please make sure the version of your Android device has also been upgrade to the latest version.

Also please take a try to add a ComboBox control in your canvas app to list available options instead of the Dropdown box, then re-publish your canvas app, check if the issue is fixed.

Note: Regarding the canvas app could work well in web browser, I think this issue is not related to canvas app. I think this issue may be related to PowerApps Mobile App in Android device.

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket for further help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (18,189)