cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nyamaa73
Frequent Visitor

Dropdown list can't display full value

I have a long option value in dropdown list. Is there any way that the option value displayed fully?

dropdown long value cant display.png

6 REPLIES 6
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@Nyamaa73
A screenshot might help here.  I can't picture it in my head.

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Nyamaa73 ,

No you cannot presently - it is however on the ideas forum here - you might want to vote for it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

can you see it now, i inserted screenshot. 

@Nyamaa73 
From a technical standpoint @WarrenBelz is correct.  We cannot make this any longer than it already is and you should go vote for the idea to do so.

If you must see the entire text your only right now option is to use some other type of control (example: radio-buttons, gallery, etc).

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Nyamaa73 

There are two ways that I do this.  First, make the Tooltip property of the dropdown control Dropdown1.Selected.Fieldname.  Then when the user hovers over the control, the complete description can be seen.  This suggestion has the advantage that does not require any space on the screen to be allocated in order to display the complete text.  Moreover, I don't think that there is a limit to the number of characters in a Tooltip.    

The other way is to put a label with the Auto height property true and the text property Dropdown1.Selected.Fieldname near the dropdown control. Unfortunately, the item must be selected in the Dropdown control before either of these suggestions will work. 

Annotation 2020-04-13 202723.png

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nyamaa73 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to make the Dropdown option value to be displayed fully rather than be truncated?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. Actually, the displayed option value width is subject to the width of the Dropdown box.

If you would like this feature to be improved in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Currently, there is no way to resize the Width property of the Dropdown box dynamically based on the Dropdown option item width.

As an fixed solution, you could consider create a custom Dropdown box using ListBox to achieve your needs. Please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PowerApps-Dropdown-Options-amp-Labels-Are-Cu...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,920)