Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Premwong13
Level: Powered On

Dropdown lists Fill in with color

Dear All, 

Screen Shot 2562-07-08 at 22.30.28.png

Screen Shot 2562-07-08 at 22.30.34.png

I do need to Fill color with my dropdown lists wth their own names. 

Like Pink, it suppose to fill with pink not orange hahaha.

Here is some of my code on "Fill"

ColorValue(Concat(Filter(Split(Dropdown1.SelectedText.Value,""),IsMatch(Result, "^[a-zA-Z]")),Result))

Could you help/guide how to fix it? 

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Dropdown lists Fill in with color

Hi @Premwong13 

As @RandyHayes  's and @Jeff_Thorpe 's suggestion, you can only change when you selected, if you want to the list's items has the color of the related text, you can submit the idea:PowerAppsIdeas.

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@Premwong13 

Unfortunately you cannot change the color of individual items in a ComboBox or DropDown list.  The items will all be one color.

If you want that capability, you might want to drop into the Idea forum and post it there as an idea.

You can also get this ability by using a Gallery control.  There you can adjust the TemplateFill for each item in your list.  Obviously this is not a ComboBox or DropDown, but it can be manipulated to perform that function fairly easily. 

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Super User
Super User

I just did a quick test using your fill code and and some sample data and it worked as expected. What happens when you switch from Orange to Pink?

My Sample:

Drop Down Box

Items > ["Yellow", "Orange", "Red", "Black", "White", "Gray", "Pink"]

Fill > ColorValue(Concat(Filter(Split(ddColor.SelectedText.Value,""),IsMatch(Result, "^[a-zA-Z]")),Result))

DropDownColor.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User
Super User

@Jeff_Thorpe @Premwong13 

*head scratch*  

Are you trying to fill the entire list with the color selected or individual list items with their corresponding colors?

Maybe I misunderstood...

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Premwong13
Level: Powered On

Hey @RandyHayes @Jeff_Thorpe ,

I need to fill the color list withe their name. Like it should be pink only the pink name, and red only the red name

Best regards,

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Premwong13 

As @RandyHayes  's and @Jeff_Thorpe 's suggestion, you can only change when you selected, if you want to the list's items has the color of the related text, you can submit the idea:PowerAppsIdeas.

Best Regards.

Yumia

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,009)