Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadowTech
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Dropdown menu for pie chart

Hello,

Looking to create a pie chart with a dropdown menu that users can see different data in the pie chart based on the dropdown menu selections which include by "current year" and "current month" of the column called "Status". The column  is a "Choice" SharePoint column. In addition to the SharePoint column I need to see the total count of each value.

Example below:

pie.jpg

Active 10
Waiting Approval 5
Complete 6
Not Accepted 3

dropdown.jpg

Thanks in advance.

34 REPLIES 34

@RandyHayes Hi Randy. Both Pie charts show the count as well now. Suggestions?

Thanks.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@ShadowTech 

Make sure you are using Value for your Labels in the PieChart definition and Legend for the Legend.

If the formula I provided you hasn't changed, then there is no way the Value would have a count in it.  Only the Legend column gets a count in it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes Weird! I added the .Value to the PieChart then deleted it, now it looks fine. Must be one of those quirks.

Thanks.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@ShadowTech 

Oh yes...I've seen lots of quirks with the charts.  Many times I have to select the entire items property and delete and then paste back in...then everything is fine.  This same condition happens on dropdowns and comboboxes too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi RandyHayes,

I've got quite massive questions, 4 functionalities I require to display dynamically on my dashboard screen are

1. Pie chart: I need to make a pie chart display according to the selected dropdown choice of user

2. Legend: legend shows hardware category according to pie chart results

3. Gallery: device categories displays on gallery Title reflecting from pie chart results

4. Gallery: Subtitle displays number of hardware, from the pie chart results

I've been following this thread and tried the above syntax on the datacard in the canvas but still have no luck.

This is what the current screen looks like

kelsuchar_0-1627516791435.png

Syntax for Item property of gallery is

"AddColumns(GroupBy(hardware,"category","Group"),"CountDevice",CountIf(hardware, status <> "Discard"))

For Title of the gallery is "ThisItem.category"

For Subtitle of the gallery is "CountIf(hardware,category = HWCategoryTitle.Text && status <> "Discard")"

Syntax for Update Property of hwPieDatacard on the canvas

kelsuchar_3-1627518015707.png

Thank you in advance,

Kel

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,660)