cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dropdown not working in Published App

I'm new to powerapps and developing my first app... I have form using a SQL server table as a data source. When you select from the various dropdowns and click the submit button, it writes the options IDs to the table. It works perfectly in edit mode and when I use the play button, but there is one dropdown that doesn't function (no options populate) in the published app. 

App in PlayApp in PlayPublished app ( nothing populates when dropdown is clicked)Published app ( nothing populates when dropdown is clicked)

The Item for the form is Defaults(tablename), the form is in "New Mode" (I'm only adding new records to the table), and there is no discernable difference between the broken dropdown and the operating ones. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous 

A common cause of this type of issue is the 'Explicit Column Selection' setting.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Powerapps-studio-displays-combo-box-field-but-not-published-app/td-p/242310

If this is set to 'on', could you turn it off to see if that makes a difference?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous 

A common cause of this type of issue is the 'Explicit Column Selection' setting.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Powerapps-studio-displays-combo-box-field-but-not-published-app/td-p/242310

If this is set to 'on', could you turn it off to see if that makes a difference?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I cleared my browser cache and it resolved the issue

Highlighted

Neither of these options worked for me. I have two fields in CDS connected to an option set. They come into the form as dropdowns. One works and one doesn't.... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,184)