cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Dropdown resets while using Filter or Search function on Gallery Items.

Hi all, 

I was troubling with gallery issues, I tried to implement the Search/Filter input in Gallery.Items and it works very well. 

I was able to filter any items within gallery but I do have a dropdown used in that particular Gallery.Items and it just resets back if I search any other terms after my first search. 

Here's a screen shot for the reference.

ashwnaidv100_0-1600859854113.png

The dropdowns just reset when i search for other key words on dropdowns on gallery.  

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ashwnaidv100 ,

Have you tried setting the default value as a variable? For example, change the 'OnSelect' value of the dropdown to "Set(FirstSelection, Dropdown1.SelectedItems.Value)", then the default value the dropdown as this variable, in this case "FirstSelection".

Hope this makes sense!

Highlighted

Hi @Maria_L,

This makes sense. I haven't tried it before. But I just tested after your post. And below is the result. Which says expected a record,

Even I tried FirstSelection.Value, But the error is same. Not sure even if this will keep it stored for each dropdown items in gallery. 
Even I tried to put {_value : FirstSelection}, But it also didn't worked out. 

ashwnaidv100_1-1600965464980.png

Any more suggestion would be really helpful. 

No the problem still not resolved. 

Highlighted

@v-bofeng-msft

Highlighted

Hi @ashwnaidv100 ,

This is a known issue with unbound gallery controls - they reset to Default whenever something is triggered from the gallery. If you are using a collection for the Gallery Items, use AddColumns to add a Text field, Patch to this field on the OnChange of the drop-down and then set the Default of the drop-down to ThisItem.TextFieldName.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

Hi @ashwnaidv100 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,831)