Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nellyfrom
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dropdown selected value keeps reverting to blank

Hi, Please help

I have a dropdown for user to select their name on my homescreen. This dropdown is linked to a sharepoint list. On the next screen i have a form which is pulling in all relevant data on the user depending on the name selected from the dropdown on the homepage. This all works fine. 

I then have a separate form on Screen 3 linked to a separate sharepoint list 2. This form is pulling data from the Form on Screen 2 and also the user can add additional information to the form. Further additional information is also added via a separate form on Screen 4. 

My problem is that once i navigate to Screen 4 the Dropdown on the homescreen defaults back to blank meaning that i loose all my information. If i go home and do the process a second time it works fine. Anyone any ideas - driving me to the nut house!

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@nellyfrom 

This sounds that either A) the Items of the dropdown are getting altered/Updated (check your Items property) or B) the control is getting Reset somewhere in your app.

In general, a dropdown (and any control) will retain its state and value regardless of what screen you are on.

So, I would suggest looking through your app to determine where any of the above are happening.  Or, replacing the Dropdown with another one and reference the new one in the other screens.  If the problem persists, then it is something based on the Items property of that Dropdown.  Feel free to share that formula if you need more assistance. 

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Thanks Randy, I have tired replacing my dropdown with no joy. 

The items property of my Dropdown is    

Sort('My Sharepoint List','Staff Name') 

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@nellyfrom 

Is ANYTHING in your app patching or updating or submitting to the 'My SharePoint List'?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,145)